Chatham Navel Base

Peter (1504F)
29th October 2008, 02:25
Hello,
Hi i was lucky to do a few years afloat when i was in the Chatham Navel Base
Joined PAS then RMAS
Ordinary Seaman 20/08/73
Able Seaman 03/09/73
Passed Coxswain but took fueling supervisor on same band.
Fueling Supervisor 21/02/77 until i left on 12/06/81
( manned lots of vessels but did almost 4 years on RMAS Mastiff and ran 1504F as fueling supervisor for the last few years)
Am now living on a boat moored on the river at Saltford (between Bristol and Bath) but hoping to return to Chatham next year to be nearer my family. I loved the camaraderie and enjoyed working with a really great band of guys. Blotted my copybook by drinking too much when i left but all sorted now, just wish i could relive those days and go back.
RMAS was disbanded this year 2008 what a sad day for a lot of people.

Peter

billyboy
29th October 2008, 03:54
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

non descript
29th October 2008, 08:48
Peter, warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

Steve Woodward
29th October 2008, 10:05
Peter,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, like many of our members I have visted Chatham as a museum and whilst fascinating to us I guess you will be saddened to see it now, but at least there is some reminder of it's former self, Enjoy your time with us and best of luck for the future move
Steve

bert thompson
29th October 2008, 11:16
Welcome Peter. Hope you enjoy all that is offered on this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

K urgess
29th October 2008, 12:15
Welcome aboard, Peter.
Now you've signed on you'll find we have quite a large Grey Funnel contingent in the crew.
Explore the ship, join in with the chat and enjoy the voyage of discovery.

gdynia
29th October 2008, 12:21
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
29th October 2008, 13:23
Greetings Peter and welcome to SN. Nice introduction you gave, enjoy the site and bon voyage.

Peter (1504F)
1st November 2008, 21:11
Thank you for the greetings.
I know at Chatham we had a yearly compliment of around 160 first with Port Auxiliary Service (P A S) then Royal Maritime Auxiliary Service. (R M A S). So there must be a few of us about i left Chatham (returning next year) but was surprised they never set up a club and kept in touch. When i return to Medway Towns late next year i would love to track some old members down and chat about old times.

Peter

Gulpers
3rd November 2008, 23:32
Peter,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)