Elder Dempsters

graham wilson
29th October 2008, 18:30
Some where I happened across a load of correspondence about "Zini" which I cannot now find.I was Second Mate in "Zini" with "Sam" Weller when she collided in fog,off the Varne Buoy, with the Shell Tanker "Verona ". About 58 I guess. If that would be of use to anybody, I'll happily respond.

K urgess
29th October 2008, 19:04
Welcome aboard, Graham.
If you look here you'll find some information on Zini
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=20216
I'm sure the crew will be able to help with more information.
Explore the ship, join in and enjoy the trip.

J Smith
29th October 2008, 21:49
Hello Graham:

Welcome from Aberdeen. I was with Elder Dempster from 1954 till 1970 and
sailed on a couple of ships with Capt. Weller. You will see reference to Capt. Weller on this site in the Shipping Lines Sub-Forums section. There will be plenty of interest for you on Ships Nostalgia.

Regards - James Smith.

bert thompson
29th October 2008, 21:56
Welcome Graham to this wonderful site. Enjoy all that it offers
Best wishes
Bert.

J Smith
29th October 2008, 22:29
Hello again Graham:

Forgot to mention that you will find reference to Zini on page one of the Sub-Forums section, and to Capt. Weller on page two.

Best Wishes - James Smith.

billyboy
29th October 2008, 23:46
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has top offer

gdynia
30th October 2008, 08:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
30th October 2008, 10:55
Greetings Graham and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

graham wilson
30th October 2008, 22:36
Hello again Graham:

Forgot to mention that you will find reference to Zini on page one of the Sub-Forums section, and to Capt. Weller on page two.

Best Wishes - James Smith.

Tks for your response. When I was with him he signed crews on their ability to play football.....I DID THREE YOYAGES!.....I had to stop scoring goals to get off. Truthfully, he once said to me in the Shipping Office in Liverpool while signing a crew..."we still haven't got anybody with a left foot " His proud boast was that no team of his had ever lost to the P.H. Club. We had a Chief Steward who lived in Litherland,Liverpool who also followed him around, I can't remember his Surname. His christian name was Bill.....known to his team mates as "Willy Winklstrass" You have to use your imagination. regards.
and thanks Graham

graham wilson
30th October 2008, 22:40
Greetings Graham and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Thank you for your welcome. I have a feeling I am about to spend a great deal of time on this site.
regards
Graham

graham wilson
30th October 2008, 22:44
Welcome Graham to this wonderful site. Enjoy all that it offers
Best wishes
Bert.

Thank you for your welcome Bert.It is a wonderful site, and you have no idea how the memories are flooding back.
regards
Graham

Kenny&Debra
31st October 2008, 00:48
Welcome...you will find this place fascinating !!!
Debra&Kenny

benjidog
31st October 2008, 19:31
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Gulpers
3rd November 2008, 23:23
Graham,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)