Reefer McLean

Eric McLean
29th October 2008, 20:21
Hi, Reefer McLean here, My first ship in the Bank Line was the Elmbank as 6th Eng. in 1972. My last trip was on the Fourthbank in 1992 as Reefer, I was made redundant after this trip when the company flagged out. Sailed with a lot of real good guys, would be nice to get back in touch.

Eric

K urgess
29th October 2008, 20:29
Welcome aboard, Reefer.
Plenty of us Bankliners in the crew. Unfortunately you're after my time but there are others in the same time frame.
Now you've signed on, find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

Duncan112
29th October 2008, 21:52
Hi Eric,

Glad you've found this site - take a look at the photo of the engine room of "Moraybank" (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/136194)

Hope Mavis is well - sorry I missed the reunion this year.

Lost your e-mail address, please PM me

Duncan

bert thompson
29th October 2008, 22:59
Welcome Eric. Enjoy all that is offered on this wonderful site

Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
30th October 2008, 00:52
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
30th October 2008, 09:40
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
30th October 2008, 11:56
Greetings Eric and welcome to SN. Plenty of us ex engineers on site. Bon voyage.

Steve Woodward
30th October 2008, 15:17
Eric,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

Alistair Macnab
30th October 2008, 16:53
Hi, Reefer McLean here, My first ship in the Bank Line was the Elmbank as 6th Eng. in 1972. My last trip was on the Fourthbank in 1992 as Reefer, I was made redundant after this trip when the company flagged out. Sailed with a lot of real good guys, would be nice to get back in touch.

Eric
Eric....

You'll find many Bank Line "survivors" here in Ship Nostalgia. There's also another SN site entitled SN Shipping Companies - Bank Line.

Whilst the "Elmbank" was one of the run-of-the-mill Harland B and Ws the "Corabank" class were, in my opinion, fine vessels and certainly the best that Andrew Weir's owned.

You must remember the frenetic loading schedules in the U.S.Gulf that had the general cargo working by day and the bulk liquids loaded overnight. Being a "reefer" man latterly, you were obviously in the Bank and Savill Line's round-trips USA-Austraiia-New Zealand-Central America-Caribbean-USA. Was that fun?

Alistair Macnab
Houston TX

Quiney
31st October 2008, 00:29
Hi Eric, and welcome to SN

Was it you (and your wife???) on the Ruddbank,s maiden voyage when we picked-up the Vietnamese boat people?

I was the sparks - John

Kenny&Debra
31st October 2008, 01:46
Welcome...you will find this place fascinating !!!
Debra&Kenny

benjidog
31st October 2008, 20:31
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Gulpers
4th November 2008, 00:22
Eric,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)