Hello

martyn greenhalgh
31st October 2008, 20:57
Hi there, ex harrison engineer from 1966-1972, last ship i sailed on was mv defender.

Does anyone remember a navigation officer named Ron Baberon? Born in trinidad i last heard from him in 1973. Any info would be nice to here from him.

gdynia
31st October 2008, 21:04
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

martyn greenhalgh
31st October 2008, 21:09
cheers

Steve Woodward
31st October 2008, 21:15
Martyn,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, best of luck finding your old shipmates
Steve

benjidog
31st October 2008, 21:17
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

K urgess
31st October 2008, 22:15
Welcome aboard, Martyn.
I hope someone in the crew will be able to help your with your query.
Now you've signed on, find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

Harvey Williams
31st October 2008, 23:09
First of all Martyn, a very warm welcome from Wales, I really hope you enjoy your voyage here with us aboard The S.N. I served on board The Tactician from August 1968 to November 1969, I dont think I served with Ron Baberon Martyn, but definately the name is ringing bells, obviously I must have heard his name mentioned by some of the good few who served with me on The Tactician, I have certainly heard the name in conversation, thing is now to think of the chaps I worked with and try to put names to faces and give you some leads ( Hopefully ) Thing is Martyn, the amount of medication I am on has made my memory like a sieve full of Swiss cheese. The only names I can make out in my book are Capt Skelly and an E.R.Tyson, but I will try and come up with some more and pass them on to you, The very best of Luck Martyn in your quest.
Harvey.

bert thompson
31st October 2008, 23:55
Welcome Martyn to this wonderful addictive site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
1st November 2008, 00:19
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

martyn greenhalgh
1st November 2008, 01:38
thanks for the reply i coasted the tactician from liv to lon just before she sailed on that tragic voyage.had anight out with the deep sea engineers.i have good memories of that night especially Mike Ford and his party piece

martyn greenhalgh
1st November 2008, 01:47
thanks for the reply . im still trying to find my way round SN so appologies for being a bit slow

Gulpers
4th November 2008, 00:29
Martyn,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)