Regrets...

Heuri1
1st November 2008, 01:46
Hello everyone,

Just to say I'm a 51 year old navy sprog (both parents were in the Senior Service) and I think this is a very good site which caters for all tastes.

I applied to join the navy at sixteen and went down to Inverness and took the tests. I was told I was accepted for selection depending on my SCE results at school. Well I passed every one and got set to join; that was until my history teacher asked 'why do you want to join the navy? You're university material', and with that I did something else.

How I wish I hadn't listened. Not joining the RN has been the greatest regret of my life. Even with a history degree under my belt its no consolation, but then I found this place so I dare say this might at least be one.

Great site, hope to contribute some more...

benjidog
1st November 2008, 02:04
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

You will find people from both the RN and MN here and no shortage of people interested in history!

Life is short so there is no point wasting what little we have of it on regrets! I have seen plenty of people use up their energy on regrets - there is nothing to gain by it!

Heuri1
1st November 2008, 02:15
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

You will find people from both the RN and MN here and no shortage of people interested in history!

Life is short so there is no point wasting what little we have of it on regrets! I have seen plenty of people use up their energy on regrets - there is nothing to gain by it!

Thanks benjidog. (Thumb)
As to the 'regrets', you're right...I still have my interests though and from what I've seen so far this site is for me. :)

billyboy
1st November 2008, 02:20
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

non descript
1st November 2008, 08:55
Heuri1, a warm welcome to you and well done for such a decent and worthwhile initial posting. Thank you for joining the community and do have no regest that you found us; please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

gdynia
1st November 2008, 09:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

GWB
1st November 2008, 10:13
Welcome aboard from a Brisbane Australia enjoy the trip and forget regrets they were decision at that point in time life is to short to have regrets.GWB

bert thompson
1st November 2008, 10:36
Welcome. Sure you will enjoy this wonderful addictive site
Best wishes
Bert.

ddraigmor
1st November 2008, 11:30
It's addictive and when I get the yen to leave this shore based life behind - even for a short while - it's here I come. You'll love it!

Jonty

R58484956
1st November 2008, 11:59
Greetings Heuri1 and a warm welcome to SN on your first posting which made interesting reading. Bon voyage.

Heuri1
1st November 2008, 16:32
Thank you all for such a fine reception.

I'm sure I'll be here for a while just reading all of the technical, historical and anecdotal posts of yours.

As to the 'regrets', I'm in no way bitter; just mindful of where my heart has always been - on the ocean wave.

Just call me a romantic and thank you all once more.:)

Gulpers
4th November 2008, 00:31
Heuri1,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)