Hello Shipmates

Merseyboy
1st November 2008, 20:01
Hello everyone.
I am not an ex seaman,but i have spent a large part of my life onboard ships and at sea.
My dad was a 2nd engineer from the late thirties right up to the late seventies. He was on the atlantic conveys during ww2 and settled in Liverpool where i was born.
I cant remember all the shipping companies he worked for but a few stand out in my memory: Lamport and holt, Livanos,Christianos and the Bank Line.
It is thanks to him i now have love of ships and the sea but im sure you all understand this.
During my childhood i would go to work with my father when his ship was in dry dock and loading and unloading.
I went to sea with my dad quite a few times and remember from the age of 7 wanted to work on the offshore radio stations (which i have done ) albeit too late to experiance the true spirit of the sixties pirate days.
Some of the ships i can remember are : Dryden, Dresden, Cuthbert (Renamed Spencer), Albright explorer.Hollybank, Shirabank, Clyde bank, Defoe. and many i cant remember.
I have worked on the Ross Revenge (Formally Freyer) as a radio presenter for Radio Caroline.
Cant seem to shake this love of the sea (or want to).
Regards.
Jim Ross (Hippy) (Hippy)

non descript
1st November 2008, 20:05
Jim, a warm welcome to you and well done for such a decent and worthwhile initial posting. Thank you for joining the community and you will find quite a few references to Ross Revenge (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=75996) on here; please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

benjidog
1st November 2008, 20:10
Welcome from Lancashire.
I am sure you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
1st November 2008, 20:58
Welcome Jim. Hope you enjoy all that this wonderful site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

Steve Woodward
1st November 2008, 21:21
Jim,
A very interesting intro, welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

gdynia
1st November 2008, 21:23
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Derek Roger
2nd November 2008, 00:49
Welcome from Canada Jim . Enjoy the site and all it has to offer .

Cheers Derek

billyboy
2nd November 2008, 01:12
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
2nd November 2008, 13:50
Welcome aboard, Jim.
You'll find plenty of like mind in the crew when you find your way around the ship.
Enjoy the voyage (of discovery).

Gulpers
3rd November 2008, 23:35
Jim,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
4th November 2008, 11:00
Greetings Jim and a warm welcome to SN. Nice introduction you gave. Bon voyage.

John Glover
5th November 2008, 02:05
hello and welcome Jim, lots of info available here, and plenty of people to help out when needed. I was Elect. on the Albright Pioneer and the Albright Explorer in the seventies, also coasted the Hollybank.
regards
john glover