Hi from a Newbie

Dave Kerley
2nd November 2008, 07:49
Hi,

Just thought I would introduce myself to the community. My name is Dave Kerley, and I am an ex Royal Navy Marine Engineering Artificer. I served between 1985 and 1998 - before being medcally discharged following illness.

Served on a range of ships - mainly steam including HMS' Fife, Intrepid, Scylla before almost becoming a 'gas queen' on HMS Glasgow.

I am currently in the early stages of researching a book about the Royal Navys' 6 inch light cruisers (Leander - Swiftsure) - and will probably start up some threads around that in due course.

Look forward to discussing the sea and the vessels that sail on them with you all.

Regards
Dave

non descript
2nd November 2008, 07:51
Dave, a warm welcome to you and thank your for such a good first posting and introduction. Thank you for joining the community; please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

billyboy
2nd November 2008, 07:57
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this ghreat site has to offer. Plenty of ex "Andrew" men on here.

GWB
2nd November 2008, 08:20
Welcome aboard the name Leander has rung a few bells with our family as the wife's uncle sailed on the RNZ ship of the same name but way back in 1940s he is well into his eighties but still talks about the ship.
I am sure you will enjoy this great web site.

George H

Steve Woodward
2nd November 2008, 09:25
Dave,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, we will look forward to your future postings, in the meantime enjoy your time with us
Steve

K urgess
2nd November 2008, 13:57
Welcome aboard, Dave.
Plenty of Grey Funnel lads in the crew who will be interested in your research.
Find your way around and enjoy the voyage.

gdynia
2nd November 2008, 15:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
2nd November 2008, 15:12
Greetings Dave and a warm welcome to SN. Nice introduction you gave. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
2nd November 2008, 15:19
Welcome Dave to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert

benjidog
2nd November 2008, 18:47
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you enjoy the site.
We look forward to your contributions and wish you well with your research.

Derek Roger
2nd November 2008, 22:16
Welcome from Canada Dave . Look forward to you posts . Derek

Gulpers
3rd November 2008, 23:41
Dave,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)