Hello all

BPCadet
2nd November 2008, 20:26
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I am currently employed by BP Shipping as an Engineer Officer Cadet and am due to commence training in the new year. I have always had an interest in shipping and the sea and thought that it would be a great idea to join a group of people who share this interest.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

non descript
2nd November 2008, 20:30
BPCadet, a warm welcome to you on your first posting and introduction. Good luck with your career and thank you for joining the community; please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

benjidog
2nd November 2008, 20:30
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

K urgess
2nd November 2008, 21:49
Welcome aboard, from East Yorkshire.
Nice to welcome someone to the crew starting out on a seagoing career.
I hope you enjoy your time at sea and your time aboard this ship.
Both are very addictive.

Derek Roger
2nd November 2008, 22:01
Welcome from Canada ; enjoy your career and experiences at sea they will stay with all your life .
Kind Regards Derek

Harvey Williams
2nd November 2008, 22:12
Hello B.P.Cadet, A very warm welcome from Wales, welcome to the S.N. site, hope you have many happy years with the vessel. You are Sir a very very lucky young man, I would give all to be in your shoes, on the threshold of a long and interesting carreer at sea,The very very best of luck, I sincerely hope all goes well for you.
Regards.
Harvey.

bert thompson
2nd November 2008, 22:53
Welcome to this wonderful site. Best wishes to your future career at BP
Best wishes
Bert.

gdynia
3rd November 2008, 00:39
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
3rd November 2008, 05:34
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
3rd November 2008, 10:44
Greetings BP Cadet and a warm welcome to SN. Plenty of ex BP men on site plus a few ex Chief Engineers, so if you want to know anything just ask.Good luck with your career and take a camera with you. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
3rd November 2008, 14:03
BPCadet, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
As has been written, we have lots of ex BP members and you should feel right at home.

Bruce

graham wilson
3rd November 2008, 21:47
I served my time with B.P., all be it as a deck cadet.Have a great career and enjoy every minute. All the luck in the world.
Graham Wilson

Gulpers
4th November 2008, 00:43
BPCadet,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Graham Wallace
8th November 2008, 02:44
Hi BP Cadet,
Actually it should be , Hi BP Engineering Cadet, but then if you had joined BP before 1965 it would have been ,Hi BP Engineering Apprentice.

Enjoy your 'time' it is a great profession. There are many ex BP guys who trod the deckplates, crawled the bilges, traced a sphagetti of pipelines, pumped endless bilges, lost gallons of main engine lube oil ( into the same bilges) ,sweated buckets manually blowing tubes (a thing of the past I believe) and in later life look back with envy

If you want to see how it was many years ago when the dinosaurs roamed the BP enginerooms go to www.bpapprentices.com.

Contact me when you start, you will be my first 2009 E/C.

Graham Wallace