Photos of PORT OF WORKINGTON : Can you help ??

Shinymac
9th November 2008, 22:04
Hello All,

I am a newbie here, and although I am 50 years old, I am a newbie to the world of ship photos !

I would love to hear from anyone who has photos of the PORT OF WORKINGTON or that area, taken in the period 1970-2000. My partners father took many photos in that time of the same area, and he would LOVE to see what other photos people took of the Workington area during those years.

If you have any photos of shipping traffic in or around WORKINGTON, would you please get in touch with me at : email address removed for safety - please contact via Private Message (PM) Steve mod team

Thanks in advance

Derek

K urgess
9th November 2008, 22:50
Welcome aboard, Derek.
To give you a better chance of help from the crew I've moved your post into the say hello forum and deleted the duplicate.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

billyboy
10th November 2008, 00:13
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

NINJA
10th November 2008, 08:50
Hello Derek,

Welcome to the site.

If you look on MY PHOTOS there are quite a few photos of Workington.

Regards

Ninja.

Gulpers
10th November 2008, 08:56
Derek,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
10th November 2008, 09:08
Greetings Derek and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
10th November 2008, 09:23
Welcome Derek. Hope you soon get a reply to your query.Enjoy all on offer on this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
10th November 2008, 13:26
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Shinymac
12th November 2008, 19:21
Thanks to all those who sent a welcome message. Its great to feel part of such a friendly community !

Yes NINJA...I have seen your fantastic photos of Workington actually. I wish there were MORE ! (My partner is curious about your nickname ..she wonders if you work with her in Workington ??)

I actually havent had ANY replies to my request for PHOTOS OF SHIPPING IN THE WORKINGTON AREA.

If you have any, please please get in tcuch. It would mean so much to my partners elderly father if I could show him some.

Thanks

Derek

non descript
12th November 2008, 20:12
Derek,
Did you see this one here (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showcase/showimage.php?i=21&catid=searchresults&searchid=95) ?
(Thumb)
Mark

Shinymac
12th November 2008, 20:37
Hi Mark,

Yep..thanks for the reply.

"Ninja"'s photos are the only ones I have come across of the Port of Workington, and I am SURE there must be loads of enthusiasts who have pics of this Solway Firth port.

Incidentally, I well remember the "Oldside" and "Mossbay" busily working away down at the docks, when I was a kid !

Thanks Again Mark
Regards
Derek