Hi, chaps.

John Richardson
10th November 2008, 20:35
Dear all, just a note to introduce myself. Name is John Richardson. Started with Esso Tankers as a cadet in 1964 (Poplar Tech). Deep sea with Esso, Mobil, OCL and Panocean Anco. Went to the ferries in 1978 - P&O in the Lion, Tiger, Panther days, then Sealink/Stena. A couple of years on the Thames Water sludge fleet and finally Hoverspeed Seacats - hated that!
Then went ashore as an engineer surveyor with various companies - Bureau Veritas finally and retired in July this year. In my spare time I drive steam trains (on the Watercress Line in Hampshire) and cycle - Lands End to John O'Groats with my son last year. Currently writing a book about my time at sea - if anyone has memories of the following ships I would be very interested to hear about them: Esso Yorkshire, Warwickshire, Preston, Edinburgh, Durham, Mobil Daylight, Energy, Astral, Post Runner, Post Charger, Anco Duchess, Anco Templar, Flinders Bay, Jervis Bay, P&O ferries as noted above, Hengist, Horsa, Sludge fleet esp MV Hounslow, Hoverspeeds Great Britain and Boulogne. Best regards to all. John.

non descript
10th November 2008, 20:42
John, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage (Thumb)

Paul Leeson
10th November 2008, 20:44
Welcome aboard John
I just found this site and have learned a lot already
it is very useful
I hope you find what you are looking for
Paul

benjidog
10th November 2008, 20:45
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Steve Woodward
10th November 2008, 21:12
John,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, a very interesting intro.
Enjoy your time with us
Steve

bert thompson
10th November 2008, 21:16
Welcome John to ihis great site. Lot of Panocean personnel on here
Best wishes
Bert.

K urgess
10th November 2008, 21:35
Welcome aboard, John.
With a CV like that you'll fit into the crew very well.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

Bruce Carson
10th November 2008, 23:01
John, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll be hearing from old shipmates before long.

Bruce

GWB
10th November 2008, 23:56
A warm welcome from Brisbane in sunny Aussie enjoy the trip. I am sure you will meet up with some old mates onboard SN.

GWB

billyboy
11th November 2008, 00:39
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
11th November 2008, 01:21
John,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

R58484956
11th November 2008, 11:41
Greetings John and a warm welcome to SN on your first informative posting. Bon voyage.