Old Saint Line Apprentice Just joined

12th November 2008, 16:00
Hullo everybody, I was at Warsash 1959-1960 apprentice with Saint Line/Nedrum 1960-1963
St John 1960-1961 B.A & cars to Canada (Skoda door handles come off quite easily)
St Thomas 1961- 1962
St Essylt 1962
St Thomas 1962-1963
Plymouth Tech. 1963-1964 for 2nd Mates studies
Would like to hear from anybody from that era to catch up.Still in touch with
some old ship mates and friends made at Plymouth.
Went to a Saint Line reunion in Cardiff must be early 90's? Spent the entire night propping up the bar with Tommy Roberts, Pete Murphy and Mike Duffy,
Nobody had changed!
Bye for now
Mike (Max) Carter

K urgess
12th November 2008, 16:10
Welcome aboard, Mike.
There are a few Saint Line lads in the crew who will make themselves known to you I think.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

Bruce Carson
12th November 2008, 16:14
Mike, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll be hearing from more old shipmates before long.

Bruce

non descript
12th November 2008, 17:28
Mike, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

Chris Isaac
12th November 2008, 18:17
Hi Mike (Max)
I know of you but do not know you.
I was a cadet on St John from 63 to 65 along with a couple of guys that knew you and told stories about you..... Chris (Curly) Green and Johnny Merritt.
Great ships and great run, I do have a load of slides of the St John that I am always meaning to scan but have yet to get round to it.
Howard Anguish is a member here.
Cheers
Chris

benjidog
12th November 2008, 20:52
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
12th November 2008, 21:15
Welcome Mike to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
12th November 2008, 23:36
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
13th November 2008, 09:34
Greetings Mike and a warm welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

howardang
13th November 2008, 15:59
Hello Max, good to hear from you and welcome to the forum. As I type this I can see a group photo of Warsash cadets with you on the bottom left. It seems a long time since St John - I seem to remember you painting your white shoes with black gloss when changing from white to blues to save money - I hope you've managed to buy a new pair since then!

Best regards

Howard Anguish

Gulpers
13th November 2008, 20:12
Max,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

WPG Pete
11th September 2013, 18:35
Hello Max
I was also in Warsash and on the St. John the same time as you. I have given up the sea life in 1965 to start a new career in process control.

Hope to hear from you
Pete (Swissi)

duquesa
12th September 2013, 00:26
Hi, Mike Wilson is hail and hearty and a member here. I hear from him quite frequently.

Chris Isaac
12th September 2013, 08:02
I am now starting to record the history of Saint Line ships and people in the B&C web site.
Please PM with your email address and I can send a small word document fdor you to enter your details.
I had wondered whether or not to include all of Saint Line but as it was my original company and it is my web site..... why not?

http://www.bandcstaffregister.co.uk/page26.html

Sailtie
13th September 2013, 12:47
Hello Mike,
I was at Warsash in the same term as you. I am also in touch with Bruce Pollard, Chris Marrow and Bob Mallam all from our time.
I did my time and up to 2/O with Royal Mail, then Chief Mate with Gray Mackenzie in the Gulf and finishing up, again as C/O with P&O Bulk Shipping.
Good to hear from you,
Richard (Dick) Masson