Steve Morgan

steve morgan
17th November 2008, 14:07
My dad served on the S.S. Princesa (Houlder Brothers) during WW2 from approx 1940 to 1945.
He was in the engine room I think.
His name was Arthur Morgan and he would have been 20 when he signed up.
He was a proud Welshman from just outside Newport. I have a photo of the Princesa if anyone wants a copy.
All the best,
Steve Morgan.
P.S. My Father-in-Law has just shown me a hardback book published by Houlder Bros in 1946 called Sea Hazard (1939-1945).
This is a history of all Houlder Bros ships during WW2 and shows the details of their ships torpedoed, bombed or otherwise sunk during WW2.
It also lists all individual ships engagements with the enemy, pictures of all ships in the Houlder Bros fleet, decorations earned by the crews and also lists the men who gave their lives during the conflict. It is over 100 pages and is a priceless record of that tragic and hazardous period. My father-in-law worked for Newport (South Wales) Stevedore Company during the war. This was owned by Houlder Bros so he would have loaded and unloaded the ships my father sailed on. What a coincidence and I only found this info out a week ago after being married to his daughter for 31 years!

non descript
17th November 2008, 14:16
Steve, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and posting on here - you will find quite a few references to your father's ship and any pictures that you have will be most welcome; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
17th November 2008, 14:24
Steve, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
You could upload the photo of the Princesa to our Gallery for all our members to see.

Bruce

Gulpers
17th November 2008, 14:44
Steve,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Steve Woodward
17th November 2008, 15:14
Steve, Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

K urgess
17th November 2008, 17:24
Welcome aboard, Steve.
Explore the ship and join in with the crew.
Enjoy the voyage.

benjidog
17th November 2008, 21:34
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
17th November 2008, 21:43
Welcome Steve to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
18th November 2008, 01:05
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
18th November 2008, 11:44
Greetings Steve and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

gdynia
19th November 2008, 03:13
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Peggy747
19th November 2008, 05:28
Welcome aboard Steve , You will have a good trip among a great crew.

Peter (Peggy747)