SS Lismoria

anne
1st December 2008, 07:30
Hi, I have just joined this site because I am doing the family history and have been told that a member of our family was aboard this ship in WW2. His name was Alex Key and he came from Glasgow. If anybody can tell me about the ship or it's routes I would be really grateful. Thanks.

gdynia
1st December 2008, 07:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

non descript
1st December 2008, 07:59
Ann, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Hopefully someone will have news and comment for you on the LISMORIA, and we wil keep an eye out for progress (Thumb)

ps. the LISMORIA would seem to be here (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=147439)

billyboy
1st December 2008, 08:51
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. enjoy all this great site has to offer

anne
1st December 2008, 08:54
But can anyone help with the crew names. Thanks.

bert thompson
1st December 2008, 09:58
Welcome Ann to this wonderful site. Am sure someone will be able to assist in your query
Best wishes
Bert.

K urgess
1st December 2008, 12:49
Welcome aboard, Anne.
I'm sure the crew will be able to point you in the direction of crew lists.
I can only find one Lisomoria here
http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ship/show/129956
And that wasn't named as such until 1948. Originally Taos Victory.
Enjoy the voyage (of discovery)

Gulpers
1st December 2008, 12:59
Anne,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
Since you share common interests with many of our members you will undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long. (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
1st December 2008, 14:15
Anne, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, it's good to have you onboard.
I wonder if it's possible you have the wrong name.
Like Marconi Sahib, the only 'Lismoria' I can find was a 'Victory' ship, built in 1944 and purchased by the Donaldson Atlantic Line in 1948. They had her rebuilt as a passenger cargo liner for their Canadian services and renamed her 'Lismoria'.
The Anchor Line had bought a controlling interest in the Donaldson Line about 1916 and operated the Donaldson passengers ships as the Anchor-Donaldson Line, but that association ceased in the mid 1930s and at that time the Company became the Donaldson Atlantic Line with no Anchor involvement.

Bruce

benjidog
1st December 2008, 21:24
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will ejoy the site.

R58484956
2nd December 2008, 10:00
Welcome Anne to SN. Bon voyage.

anne
2nd December 2008, 13:12
Hi, The Lismoria that Bruce Carson is talking about is the one I am looking for the crew. It started out as the Taos Victory was renamed the Lismoria then not long before it was scrapped renamed the Neon for her final voyage to Taiwan. We have a picture of Alex Key in his uniform and his daughter says it was the Lismoria.

KenLin39
2nd December 2008, 13:59
Hi Anne. Looks like this photo is the one. Ken.

non descript
2nd December 2008, 14:02
Hi, The Lismoria that Bruce Carson is talking about is the one I am looking for the crew. It started out as the Taos Victory was renamed the Lismoria then not long before it was scrapped renamed the Neon for her final voyage to Taiwan. We have a picture of Alex Key in his uniform and his daughter says it was the Lismoria.

Anne, It is possible that you did not see the LINK in # 3 above, which had all the information and the picture of her?

Hugh MacLean
2nd December 2008, 17:41
Hello Anne and welcome,
Unfortunately there are no Crew Agreements held at Kew for the year 1945 - all they have are for the years 1947,1948, 1949, 1950 and 1962.

Regards