Hello

Graham Holt
2nd December 2008, 08:49
My name is Graham Holt.I was Ordinary Seaman on the Bristol City 1964-1965,and E.D.H on the Halifax City 1966-1967.Names I remember from both vessels are ;-Bridge Fredie Neil,Eddie Irish,Archie Ashton,Don Watchorn,Phil Barling.Cadets Paul Jones,Roy Whiting(whom I correspond with)Chippy Mick Exton(who lives in Auckland).Deck Harry Higins,John Gretch,Brian (Brummie)Carr,Charlie Brown(who I sailed with on other vessels,Reina Del Mar,Hurunui,and we are still good mates,and he has visited me in New Zealand several times.)Paddy Jeffries,Harry Purkiss,Gus Collins,Tommy Howells,Jock Wilson Jock Fitzpatrick Ken Peters.Engine Room,Nobby Clarke,Des Browne(he taught me to fire up a boiler),Paddy Cloony,Dave Kaiser.On the Halifax we once played a Russian ship at football in Hamilton we lost 4-0.On one ocasion when I was night watchma on the Bristoland a moterman fell down the Engine Room from top to bottom(I'll omit his name) ,he walked back up unscathed apart from bruises.
Regards Graham

billyboy
2nd December 2008, 09:00
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Don Meehan
2nd December 2008, 09:29
Hello Graham, welcome to the site. Believe we might have met recently at the Merchant Navy dinner at the Napier RSA.
Cheers, Don

Steve Woodward
2nd December 2008, 09:42
Graham,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, an interesting first posting, lets hope the site can put you in touch with a few more old shipmates, enjoy your time with us
Steve

R58484956
2nd December 2008, 09:49
Greetings Graham and welcome to SN on your first posting. Bon voyage.

K urgess
2nd December 2008, 10:27
Welcome aboard, Graham.
I'm sure you'll find some ex shipmates among the crew and certainly meet a lot of new ones.
Find your way around the ship an enjoy the trip.

bert thompson
2nd December 2008, 10:40
Welcome Graham Enjoy all that is offered on this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

Gulpers
2nd December 2008, 17:07
Graham,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

jg grant
2nd December 2008, 20:26
Hi Graham from North shore city Auckland. I was on the Toronto city 62/63 or 63/64 can't remember which. Discharge book gone because I needed a passport picture in a hurry so chopped the one out my book! Regret that very much now. Where in Auckland are you and the other fella? Regards RonnieMy name is Graham Holt.I was Ordinary Seaman on the Bristol City 1964-1965,and E.D.H on the Halifax City 1966-1967.Names I remember from both vessels are ;-Bridge Fredie Neil,Eddie Irish,Archie Ashton,Don Watchorn,Phil Barling.Cadets Paul Jones,Roy Whiting(whom I correspond with)Chippy Mick Exton(who lives in Auckland).Deck Harry Higins,John Gretch,Brian (Brummie)Carr,Charlie Brown(who I sailed with on other vessels,Reina Del Mar,Hurunui,and we are still good mates,and he has visited me in New Zealand several times.)Paddy Jeffries,Harry Purkiss,Gus Collins,Tommy Howells,Jock Wilson Jock Fitzpatrick Ken Peters.Engine Room,Nobby Clarke,Des Browne(he taught me to fire up a boiler),Paddy Cloony,Dave Kaiser.On the Halifax we once played a Russian ship at football in Hamilton we lost 4-0.On one ocasion when I was night watchma on the Bristoland a moterman fell down the Engine Room from top to bottom(I'll omit his name) ,he walked back up unscathed apart from bruises.
Regards Graham

Bruce Carson
2nd December 2008, 20:48
Graham, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, good to have you onboard.
With the list of names provided, chances are you will hear from old shipmates before long.

Bruce

benjidog
2nd December 2008, 22:56
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Butters
3rd December 2008, 00:03
Welcome to the site Graham I am sure you will enjoy it like a few other Napier 'ites'.

Regards
Butters
(Lindsay Butterfield)

gdynia
3rd December 2008, 00:31
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage