Scarborough's Maritime Heritage Centre

Scarborough Maritime
9th December 2008, 08:36
Hi everyone, I just thought I would let you know that a group of ship, boat and maritime enthousiasts are trying to get a Heritage Lottery grant to set up a Maritime Centre in Scarborough. Our last boat yard closed down this year, we don't have a town museum or many trawlers left either! We have such a great story to tell in Scarborough as Tindall's yard made over 200 ships out of wood on the beach! Please take a look at our website www.scarboroughsmaritimeheritage.org.uk and please contact us with any information you may have relating to Scarborough or just send us mesages of support to help us with our bid if you think Scarborough deserves a Maritime Heritage Centre?
Many thanks
Mark
SMHC volunteer

bert thompson
9th December 2008, 09:39
Welcome Mark to this wonderful site.
I wish you great success with your Heritage Center
There is so much that should be preserved
Best wishes
Bert.

gdynia
9th December 2008, 09:41
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
9th December 2008, 10:35
Greetings Mark and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

K urgess
9th December 2008, 12:34
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Mark.
I hope you and your crew have every success with your venture and I'm sure our crew will be very interested in your aims.
Find your way around our ship and enjoy the voyage.

Frank P
9th December 2008, 12:53
Welcome onboard Mark, I hope that you succeed with your project.
Cheers Frank

Bruce Carson
9th December 2008, 14:52
Mark, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, it's good to have you onboard.
It's encouraging to see another endeavor supporting Britain's maritime heritage.
I wish you and all the others involved success.

Bruce

Gulpers
9th December 2008, 15:08
Mark,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
9th December 2008, 22:29
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

I wish you well with your Centre - tell the Lottery that you are welcome to have all the money from my non-winning tickets for a starter! :)