A quick hello

OzBoz
9th December 2008, 20:58
Hi everyone.

Recently discovered this site (why did it take so long) and decided "These are my sort of people"

I was a tanker man with Joe Shell from 1960 to 1966 first as an apprentice then as Third Mate. Not a bad company to work for, and provided you could steer clear of the biggies, interesting voyages and enjoyable work.

Like any seaman, my memory is stuffed with various experiences that lubbers can only read about, so I consider myself fortunate to have had my life enriched.

Looking forward to swapping yarns with people who can appreciate the humour, pathos and tragedy in them.

Cheers

Brian

non descript
9th December 2008, 21:12
Brian, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and posting your thoughts - you will kind plenty of kindred spirits on here. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

benjidog
9th December 2008, 21:54
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
9th December 2008, 22:04
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
9th December 2008, 22:23
Welcome to the crew, Brian.
Plenty of Shell lads knocking about the ship who you'll bump into as you wander around.
Enjoy the trip.

gdynia
9th December 2008, 23:08
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
9th December 2008, 23:19
Brian, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Make yourself at home and join in our spirited discussions at any time.

Bruce

OzBoz
10th December 2008, 02:27
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm sure I am going to enjoy being a member of this community. Just a quick glance at the topics, and I'm back at sea again already.

Cheers

Brian

bert thompson
10th December 2008, 08:57
Welcome Brian to this great site. Did eighteen months as R/O on the Ensis in 1954/56.
Best wishes
Bert.

doric
10th December 2008, 09:13
Hello Brian,

A very warm welcome from downunder Australia. You will enjoy this site, great crew, Terence Williams. R538301.(A)

R58484956
10th December 2008, 11:03
Greetings Brian from up above and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
10th December 2008, 14:36
Brian,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)