Denholms of Glasgow !!

Avidfan
4th January 2009, 21:36
Jimmy Gordon, originally from Clackmann, now Argyll

Hi there, was with J & J Denholms in the late 60's and 70's, The Crinan, Euroliner, Burmak Gem, Warwick Fort and Fort St Cathrine, left in 1977 and joined Strathclyde Police, be good to hear from anyone that remembers me,
For access to mr e-mail address please drop me a PM
Thanks

non descript
4th January 2009, 21:39
Jimmy, a warm welcome to you, and thank you for joining the site. You should find quite a few Denholms folk on here, and we very much look forward to your further postings in due course. (Thumb)

ps. in line with Site Policy, we have taken down your email address.

K urgess
4th January 2009, 21:42
Welcome to the crew, Jimmy.
You'll find plenty of Denholms lads knocking about the ship to get to know, maybe again.
Enjoy the trip.

Gulpers
4th January 2009, 22:59
Jimmy,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
As you have heard, there are plenty of us ex-Denholm members.
I am sure that you will spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

benjidog
4th January 2009, 23:27
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
5th January 2009, 09:05
Welcome Jimmy to this wonderful addictive site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
5th January 2009, 09:13
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
5th January 2009, 10:00
Greetings Jimmy and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

sidsal
5th January 2009, 14:26
Denholms:
I wonder if any of you Denholm chaps came across my very good friend Capt Brian McManus. We were both on HMS Conway in WW2. He is alive and well in N Wales and very active in the local Normandy Veterans Association. He was master of some ship that was trapped in the Suez Canal and has written about it in varius nautical publications !
Sid

Gulpers
5th January 2009, 15:04
I certainly know his name Sid but we never sailed together. (Thumb)

John Cassels
5th January 2009, 15:33
Denholms:
I wonder if any of you Denholm chaps came across my very good friend Capt Brian McManus. We were both on HMS Conway in WW2. He is alive and well in N Wales and very active in the local Normandy Veterans Association. He was master of some ship that was trapped in the Suez Canal and has written about it in varius nautical publications !
Sid

Is he still cycling around the world ?.

smasterton
21st June 2010, 22:47
When I was onboard it was Capt. Edwards, !st mate Alistair ?, and Bones as 2nd. Narvik, Monrovia,Sept Iles,Narvik.