Sunderland Built

A.D.FROST
5th January 2009, 10:56
Hello,I am a marine engineer who is interested in Sunderland built ships.

K urgess
5th January 2009, 11:04
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
As your explore the ship and get to know the crew you'll find plenty of information about Sunderland built ships.
Enjoy the voyage.

fred henderson
5th January 2009, 11:07
A warm welcome A D Frost. There are a number of members who are Sunderland shipbuilding fans as well as shipbuilders and marine engineers from other parts of the world. Enjoy your membership and please join in our activities ans debates.

Fred(Thumb)

Gulpers
5th January 2009, 11:33
A.D.Frost,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
Since you share common interests with many of our members you will undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long. (Thumb)

I only sailed on one "Wonderland" built ship - Naess/Nordic Crusader - let's just say that was an interesting experience! [=P]

Have a look at this thread (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=4421)for more detail. (Thumb)

R58484956
Greetings ADF and welcome to SN. Happy new year and bon voyage.

A.D.FROST
Thanks for your reply I am still trying to get the hang of this because have a lot of photos taken on the Wear and around the world from my deep sea days(Blue Star Line).I was time served at Geo.Clark & NEM Sunderland (Sulzer man).
Tony

bert thompson
5th January 2009, 11:34
Welcome to this wonderful site. All the information you seek should soon be frorthcominhg from many members
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
6th January 2009, 07:25
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Fergie
6th January 2009, 09:06
Hello,I am a marine engineer who is interested in Sunderland built ships.
Hi from New Zealand. I served as 3rd engineer on Indo China Steam Navigation Co's (part of The Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong empire) Loksang ON 180835. She and her sister Taksang were built by North Eastern Marine. They were known as SEAC (South East Asia Command) coasters and were bought by Jardine's at the end of WW2 and completed for their passenger cargo service between Japan and India. Fitted with a lightweight high speed triple expansion engine with poppet valves on HP and LP cylinders with 3 Scotch boilers and capable of 13/14 knots at 95RPM. We carried 12 First Class and 200 deck passengers. Sold to Singapore owners 1971 and renamed Frankford. Taksang was sold to same owners in 1972 and renamed Rochford.
Hope this is of interest to you. Fergie

doric
6th January 2009, 09:57
Welcome aboard,

My only help, is that I served on two voyages of M.V(A) . Taranaki, as 2nd Elect. Engr. she was a blast injection Sultzer ship.

Enjoy this ship, great crew, great captain. Terence Williams.R538301.

loyalhelper
6th January 2009, 18:48
A good book with loads of info is British Tramps. you can borrow it if you wish, i only live down the A19 in Trimdon Station.
Brian Booth

ketley22
6th January 2009, 18:52
try this site Sunderland Ships
http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/sunderland01.html
Clive

benjidog
6th January 2009, 23:22
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

wallsendgeordie
18th February 2009, 16:19
Did the last year of my time for Hawthorns at Pickys both at clarks quay and Southwick installing Sulzer 4RND680M in SD14s Seen the Seahorse rotting in George Clarks old sheds under the Alexandra bridge. SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gdynia
18th February 2009, 23:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

backsplice
19th February 2009, 04:51
Did my first trip deep sea on a Sunderland built ship MV HARPALYCE she was only 2 years old J&C Harrisons London I was on deck and the Gingerbeers were as mad as hatters ?????