Hi from an old Sparkie...

Paul Braxton
4th August 2005, 09:40
Hi. Just joined and would like to say hi to anyone who knew me.

I was a Radio Op. from '69 to '82 with Marconi. Worked on lots of different shipping lines but especially remember my times with Sugar Line, (Crystal Diamond/Sugar Refiner), BI (Sirsa/Chinkoa), Shaw Savill, (Icenic/Canopic/Laurentic/Mayfield) and lastly, Ben Line's 'Benhope'.

Seems so long ago now, like it all happened to someone else! Great days tho'; beats a university education anytime, I reckon.

Anyone out there remember me?

Paul

michael james
4th August 2005, 10:38
Welcome to SN Paul,
Lots of very active R/O members here, I hope you will enjoy all we have to offer.

If you have trouble navigating the site, on Main Page you will find Site Help which will give you hints, also Guidelines to Posting will assist in photo and message posting..

Nothing beats the University of Life at Sea you are so right!

billyboy
4th August 2005, 12:29
welcom aboard "Sparks" hope you enjoy this ship as much as I do. got a few sparkies on here too! Enjoy.

flyer682
5th August 2005, 11:06
Welcome aboard, Paul. The number of ex - R/O's on here is almost frightening. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with us.

Hugh Wilson
26th August 2005, 13:37
Hi Paul

I joined a week or two back, also ex-Marconi from 1968 to 1980. Worked ashore (big mistake) from 80 to 93 and then went back to sea as a freelance ETO in March 94. Joined Northern Marine in 97 and still here.

R58484956
26th August 2005, 14:18
Welcomepaul to the site , I am sure you will enjoy It ,I do.

Ivor Lloyd
27th August 2005, 19:15
Hello Paul
Welcome from a very old R/O.
I was also on BI - SURADA sunk 1944 and Shaw Savill - Dominion Monarch and many other shipping lines.