Hello

Dunkwa
18th January 2009, 20:31
Hi,
I spent some 11 years as R/O with Elder Dempster Lines on many of their ships.If you interested have a look at www.elderdempster.co.uk
for ships sailed on.I see someone writing book on the Aureol. I might be able to help as did 36 round trips on her.With Elders 1959 -1968 approx.Anyone out there from that era that I might have known.= Mike Higgins

non descript
18th January 2009, 20:51
Mike, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community - Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

K urgess
18th January 2009, 20:59
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Mike.
Plenty of us Sparkies in the crew and a well equipped radio room to explore.
Find your way around our ship and have a good trip.

Dunkwa
18th January 2009, 20:59
Thanks.Appreciated.Just learning how to "drive" within the website= Mike

Steve Woodward
18th January 2009, 21:01
Mike,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

benjidog
18th January 2009, 21:57
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Cyril Hamill
19th January 2009, 09:12
Hello Mike Spent 4 years as R/O with Elder Dempsters from 1965 until 1969 and sailed on the following ships.Obuasi,Matru Maradi,Matru,Mallam, Egori (4) Patani Perang Forcados and finally Donga.Many happy memories of the West coast.Will visit your web and sign Best wishes Cyril Hamill now living back in Northern Ireland

R58484956
19th January 2009, 09:39
Greetings Mike and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
19th January 2009, 10:19
Welcome Mike to this wonderful site from yet another ex R/O
Best wishes
Bert.

Bruce Carson
19th January 2009, 13:31
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Mike.
Lots of ROs and ED men on our forum and it shouldn't take you long to make yourself at home here.

Bruce

Oceanspan
19th January 2009, 14:15
Welcome to the site, Mike.

I did a few trips with E.D.'s as R/O on the Kabala, Fian and Dumbaia. Your fascinating website brings the memories flooding back, lovely stuff.

Happy days.

Ed

J Smith
19th January 2009, 18:54
Hello Mike - Welcome to this fine site from another ex-E.D. man.
There will be lots of interest for you, especially in the E.D. Forum and in the Picture Gallery. There is a previous entry from me in the Guest Book of your www.elderdempster.co.uk
Kindest Regards - James Smith, Aberdeen.

Dunkwa
19th January 2009, 23:00
Hello Mike - Welcome to this fine site from another ex-E.D. man.
There will be lots of interest for you, especially in the E.D. Forum and in the Picture Gallery. There is a previous entry from me in the Guest Book of your www.elderdempster.co.uk
Kindest Regards - James Smith, Aberdeen.

Thanks James.Know your city well.= Mike

crisden78
20th July 2012, 01:21
I spent 6 trips on the Aureol in 1967 as junior engineer and would be interested in the book being written about that lovely old ship.