first HELLO

eric wix
23rd January 2009, 15:09
Hi to ships nostalgia.. i dont know where this will go to or end up.Its all new to me first Ill try this . thanks to ships nostalgia for getting me back to this site , as i couldnt remember what my pass word was,, they sorted it.
I am a new member but it gets even worse. I also am new to these pc things so the terminoligy that is in this p c world is like learning a foriegn language. dont know what forum,thread or all that other jargon is not like ordering a beer in takoradi .you can use sign language So this is to say HELLO to all ,on my first visit hope this goes somewhere eric wix

non descript
23rd January 2009, 15:10
Eric, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and a first posting - Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

ps. Don't worry about the jargon, (a) we all have been there, and (b) it is not important... all that is important, is to have fun.

eric wix
23rd January 2009, 15:23
tonga thanks for the reply but i still dont know what i did to send mine out ..these computer thing are a long way ahead of semafor and a trusty aldis lampat least with a lamp you knew your message was going to who you were sending it to.._ ._ ._ ._ ill have a look around some of the old tubs if i can now all them in the sixtys &seventys

Bruce Carson
23rd January 2009, 15:26
Eric, a warm welcome to Ships Nostlagia, it's good to have you onboard.
Take a look around and become familiar with our setup--it's really a friendly place to be. If you have any questions, let a moderator know or post a query on our forums. We usually get back with an answer PDQ.

Bruce

K urgess
23rd January 2009, 16:25
Welcome aboard from up the top of the River Hull, Eric.
Doesn't take long to get used to the ship and get to know the crew.
So join in and enjoy the voyage.

bert thompson
23rd January 2009, 16:43
Welcome Eric to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

eric wix
23rd January 2009, 17:01
thanks bert havent got the hang of computer yet. even a master mariner takes on a pilot when hes in new waters ..well useing one of these is like double full ahead in a peasouper with stevie wonder on lookout

eric wix
23rd January 2009, 17:16
Welcome aboard from up the top of the River Hull, Eric.
Doesn't take long to get used to the ship and get to know the crew.
So join in and enjoy the voyage.

thanks marconi sahib .just trying to figure out how a computer works i tried to tell you earlier but cut myself off .ill ask one of the infant kids when they get out of school we only had abacusses and slateboards so these are a bit of a shock to the system....see if this works (Cloud)

R58484956
23rd January 2009, 17:33
Greetings Eric and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
23rd January 2009, 20:49
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

The Moderators are here to help you if you get stuck!

Gulpers
24th January 2009, 18:07
eric,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
You seem to have settled in nicely already so I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Don't worry about the computer - I've been using them for years and still haven't a clue what I'm doing. (?HUH)

If you are stuck just ask for help, we are only too pleased to help! (==D)

eric wix
26th January 2009, 23:38
He grabbed me round my slender neck
I could not call or scream
Then dragged me to a dingy room where we could not be seen
he stripped me of my flimsy wrap
and gazed upon my form,
my lips where cold and wet
whilst his where dry and warm
he drained me of my very self
thats why you find me here
an empty bottle on a shelf that once was full of beer,.[I]