Konnichiwa from Pattaya

rfajim
30th January 2009, 05:14
Just a quick line as ex Bibby Cadet/Engineer, been ashore since 1976.
Got back to sea in 2002 Sept.Norfolk Line 2years as Motorman.
Guys on ship kept saying -Go to the RFA jim as you will like it there!.
Ok so joined them in spring 2005, best move as now global again once trained up.

Was going to try ticket again this spring, but reckon 60+ is not really for me sailing, as sometimes demanding in various ways as we all know.

So still working hard, good employer, and enjoying travel on and off ships,at present in Thailand, and completed dive ticket in Koh Samui, but looking for new pad soon.

Keeping on trucking for the next two years-RFA, then if it is difficult to get teaching in Nihon then would like to try for Thailand.
Come on Goeff how are you good buddy :o)...

kewl dude
30th January 2009, 07:09
I have fond memories of Pattaya Beach.

Greg Hayden

non descript
30th January 2009, 07:16
Jim, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community - and making an initial posting. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

billyboy
30th January 2009, 08:04
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

bert thompson
30th January 2009, 08:42
Welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
30th January 2009, 11:27
Greetings Jim and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

K urgess
30th January 2009, 13:25
Welcome to the crew, Jim.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
30th January 2009, 13:33
Jim, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, it's good to have you onboard.
Thanks for the fine introduction--I think you'll find much of interest here on our site.

Bruce

Gulpers
31st January 2009, 04:45
Jim,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

VTR1000
1st February 2009, 04:46
Welcome to the site Jim from South Thailand. Always wondered how many ex-salties there are here. Anyway have a good one.