Hi

jason-sa
17th August 2005, 19:14
Hi Everyone

Im Jason

R58484956
17th August 2005, 19:19
Hiya Jason, welcome to the site, plenty of maritime notes and stories here, sometimes my PC starts rolling.

jason-sa
17th August 2005, 20:14
Im glad theres alot of ship stuff here!!! Are you a member of wss?
What kind of ships are you into?

Fairfield
17th August 2005, 20:21
Hi Jason and welcome to SN.Look forward to seeing any contributions you might have.Please have a look at the Guides to Posting in the Members' Notice Board which should answer any questions you might have.
From one WSS member to another-enjoy!

R58484956
17th August 2005, 20:34
Hi Jason Not a member of WSS, I was when it first started up , then I went to sea and forgot all about it. I gave Bert Moody a lot of publications etc for the wss. For many many years I was an engineer on the Queen Elizabeth (1) also sailed with Union castle (tramping) and P&O.

jason-sa
17th August 2005, 20:45
Hi Jason Not a member of WSS, I was when it first started up , then I went to sea and forgot all about it. I gave Bert Moody a lot of publications etc for the wss. For many many years I was an engineer on the Queen Elizabeth (1) also sailed with Union castle (tramping) and P&O.

Thats cool, im also trying to get a job on a ship, just dont know what to do on one!

18th August 2005, 12:22
Thats OK Jason, We did not know what to do either and we were on them for years. George. (Thumb)

Hee!

I used to get bored with telling people what I did on the ship, so I focused on a couple of the things that usually got dumped on the R/O. They were the Walport films and the Seafarer's Education Service library. I found that telling people that I was either a ship's projectionist or ship's librarian killed the conversation so that I could sidle off back to the bar.

It backfired on one occasion when I made up some humiliating role that didn't even exist as far as I knew, hoping to shoo away some iritating woman. She gushed that it was wonderful to meet me because that was what her brother did too!

Dave