davidnestor
8th December 2017, 17:45
Hello. I'm David Nestor. I'm an ex Merchant Marine Radio Officer with IMRC. I served for ten years (1960 - 1970). I served on all kinds of ships including 4 years on RMS Queen Elizabeth.

billyboy
9th December 2017, 12:26
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

davidnestor
9th December 2017, 14:31
Thank you Billy Boy. Yet to explore it fully but it certainly looks very interesting.

Robinj
10th December 2017, 11:47
Hello. I'm David Nestor. I'm an ex Merchant Marine Radio Officer with IMRC. I served for ten years (1960 - 1970). I served on all kinds of ships including 4 years on RMS Queen Elizabeth.

Hi Dave, Remember you from Brookes Bar Radio College. Missed you on the Queen, joined her for a week, got transfered because another R/O died in New York. You were on leave that trip. Regards Robin

davidnestor
11th December 2017, 11:11
Hi Robin. Thanks for getting in touch. I have to say I only have vague memories of you. Don't think you were in my group that passed through Brooks Bar in !959/60. In fact I can't remember most of the students at that time. A couple that come to mind are John Furness and Neville Kears. I'm still in touch with a few of the R/O's from the QE. Tony Johnson and I converse quite frequently and I exchange Christmas cards with Bryan Staton. Willie Powell is something of a recluse in Wales and Norman Griffin is knocking about. Mike Jeffrey and I also exchange Christmas cards. He's living in a flat not far from Southampton docks. I only came across this site by accident and haven't explored it fully. It seems very good. Nice to hear from you. David

Robinj
17th December 2017, 12:35
Hi Dave, Funnily enough you are the only one I remember don't ask why. Probably because when I got assigned to the QE your name came up and Brookes Bar came to mind. Unfortunately only got a week On the QE, tried to get back on her, but it never happened so no other R/O's come to mind.