Arosa Sun, Reijo Silvennoinen 1957

Reijo
10th January 2018, 19:35
My uncle, parents, sister and I arrived from Finland via Hamburg at Halifax's Pier 21 in Aug. 8, 1957 aboard the Arosa Sun (I believe).

I have been digging into my roots and ancestry and that includes our voyage across the Atlantic in 1957 to the "new land" looking for better opportunities.

My dad eventually settled in Longlac, Ontario and worked for Kimberly Clark Pulp and Paper for his career and now lives in Thunder Bay.

I live in Calgary, Alberta.

Anyway, I was looking for information on our voyage which includes the Arosa Sun tourist ship. We have some photos from the ship but they are not in my possession at this time (mom has them in T.Bay).

If you have any information on that ship etc., let me know!

Cheers!

Reijo

canadian
10th January 2018, 22:15
Hello Reijo I have friends in your neck of the woods.
try the link it helped my family in Nova Scotia to find a cousin they never new they had. [email protected]
If the link doesn't work. try,"Canadian Museum of immigration at pier 21. NS CA.

Reijo
10th January 2018, 22:24
Hello Reijo I have friends in your neck of the woods.
try the link it helped my family in Nova Scotia to find a cousin they never new they had. [email protected]

Yes, people have moved all over these days! It's a small world! :)

Thanks!

Reijo

canadian
10th January 2018, 22:30
Yes, people have moved all over these days! It's a small world! :)

Thanks!

Reijo

Guess i missed the plot somewhere it was intended to reflect on the possibility they would have the info on the, Arosa Sun.

cunamara
10th January 2018, 23:46
Hope this site is of interest
http://cruiselinehistory.com/sailing-aboard-the-arosa-line-in-the-1950s-students-and-immigrants-to-and-from-europe/

billyboy
11th January 2018, 00:07
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

Reijo
11th January 2018, 03:18
Guess i missed the plot somewhere it was intended to reflect on the possibility they would have the info on the, Arosa Sun.

Ah, did these people also come over on ship(s) in the '50's? There are definitely quite a few immigrants out here in Alberta from what I know. They seem to gather together in certain communities ... for instance Finns in central Alberta in the Eckville area etc.

I don't mind touching bases with them if you wish to PM contact info.

Thanks for the welcome and information everyone! :)

I appreciate it!

Reijo