Needing Information

tillysmith11
13th January 2018, 00:00
Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, and i am looking for information on my grandfathers family.
My grandad is Captain JJ Robinson from the Runswick Bay area and i beleive that he is a member of the Stag line shipping family as that flag flies at his home.
My grandfather is around 84 so i would appreciate any information that could be provided to me so i can show him.

Many thanks in advance!!

billyboy
13th January 2018, 00:14
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

trotterdotpom
13th January 2018, 01:57
Welcome Tilly. If you put Stag Line into the site search engine, there are a couple of Stag Line threads, if you don't have any luck here, you could re-post there. I sailed on Gloxinia, a Stag Line ship, but have no information for you, sorry.

Have fond memories of Runswick and childhood memories of holidays when my Great Aunt was rhe railway crossing keeper there and at Hinderwell.

John T

janathull
13th January 2018, 08:39
I have a book called Stag Line and Joseph Robinson and sons by Nicholas J Robinson published by The World Ship Society so would be worth getting hold of them.

oceantramp
13th January 2018, 17:09
Stag Line Records are held at the Discovery Museum, Blandford Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4JA
They are under Reference 628/-
Hope this may be of some help to you. Bill