signing on Articles

Anabasis
31st January 2018, 13:06
Ahoy shipmates!

I just found this forum while in my dayroom at anchor in South Korea. A bit about myself:

I'm a dual licensed professional mariner with 24 years at sea in the deck and engine departments. I am currently sailing Master but also hold a CE limited and 1 Ass't engineer steam, motor, gas turbine unlimited license.

The current ship is a 257 meter long, 40,000 GRT container ship with a 38,000 BHP Sulzer engine. A fine ship built in 2001.

I look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers!

Jeremy Allen

tom roberts
31st January 2018, 13:19
Ahoy shipmates!

I just found this forum while in my dayroom at anchor in South Korea. A bit about myself:

I'm a dual licensed professional mariner with 24 years at sea in the deck and engine departments. I am currently sailing Master but also hold a CE limited and 1 Ass't engineer steam, motor, gas turbine unlimited license.

The current ship is a 257 meter long, 40,000 GRT container ship with a 38,000 BHP Sulzer engine. A fine ship built in 2001.

I look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers!

Jeremy Allen
Hope you stay with us and let us know of your trips.My neighbor has just flown out to join his ship in Singapore and I follow his journeys on a ship location web ,unfortunately his last vessel was caught in the typhoon Hadi? I think that was what it was called of an island of Hong Kong and was wrecked fortunately him and all his crew were saved.I am sure all of us here wish you,him and all our seafaring brethren safe passage on your travels.

tiachapman
31st January 2018, 13:28
welcome sit down and get the ale in

Frank P
31st January 2018, 14:21
Welcome onboard Jeremy, enjoy the site....

Cheers Frank

Erimus
31st January 2018, 17:58
Indeed,nice to have an active mariner amongst us always useful when many here are long retired...not all I stress.

geoff

Basil
31st January 2018, 20:22
Erimus, agreed.
The MN I knew has long gone and even latter employment from which I retired 12 years ago has changed so I now (try to) listen to the younger folks telling how it is.

billyboy
1st February 2018, 01:33
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer