Palm Line Reunion 2018.

cacique
5th February 2018, 19:06
Details received from Bob Ellsmoor of the 2018 Reunion. It is to be held at The Grove House Hotel, Grove Road, Wallasey, Merseyside and the details received from Bob are :-

Dear Palmliners,

This is just to let you know I have now made a firm booking at

the Grove House Hotel for this year's reunion.

This has been arranged for Wednesday 13th of June from 1800hrs.

I appreciate it's a little early but some crew members also like to

make accommodation bookings.

I look forward to seeing you all again if you can make it.

Will confirm numbers later on to let the Hotel know.

Best regards to all,

Bob Ellsmoor.

Anyone interested please contact me on this site and I can forward to you Bob's email and telephone number.

Keep Well

David Wilson.

aka Cacique.

Caracas, Venezuela.

Palmship
9th February 2018, 21:49
Good Evening David,

If you haven't already covered this I am going to put this up on the Facebook page, see if we can build on last years increase in attendees! Dad, Elaine and myself already booked into the hotel, looking forward to it,

Regards
Graham

Laurie Ridyard
11th February 2018, 08:28
Get your Palm Line T shirts / polo shirts to wear at the reunion.

See https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1916575188357915&set=pcb.792252204315011&type=3&theater&ifg=1

and https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1916840181664749&set=pcb.792252204315011&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Printed to order.

ATB

Laurie.

Peter Perry
11th May 2018, 21:59
Hello Bob,
Anymore information about the reunion? Just joined the site.

cacique
11th May 2018, 23:35
Peter Perry about time you showed up ! I will forward details of the 2018 Reunion, sure that you will enjoy yourself.

Rin Tin Tin Kid

Keep Well,

David Wilson

aka Cacique.

cacique
11th May 2018, 23:41
Pete, go into the Forums - Shipping Lines - Palm Line.
There you will find detail of the Palm Line Reunion, I will send you a PM with Bob`s contact as he does not frequent these hallowed halls !

Palmship
13th May 2018, 12:29
Mr Perry, welcome to the Palm Line forum, nice to see you! If you are on Facebook there is a thriving page with lots of images and memories.
Regards
Graham (Hobbins)

colcur
19th January 2019, 11:58
Good morning David. I seem to have lost Bob Ellsmoor's telephone number. There may be three Palm Kernels from the North East attending the re-union this year, commitments allowing, but as it will be a late finish we would like to know whether hotel accommodation will be available.
Kind regards
Colin

jmcg
19th January 2019, 12:49
Good morning David. I seem to have lost Bob Ellsmoor's telephone number. There may be three Palm Kernels from the North East attending the re-union this year, commitments allowing, but as it will be a late finish we would like to know whether hotel accommodation will be available.
Kind regards
Colin

Tried to book venue hotel last evening - fully booked up for that night.

Will consider accommodation in the fair city later.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

colcur
25th January 2019, 11:34
Good morning Dave. I need a little help mhere. Derek Crosby has asked for my email address and telephone number, but I am reluctant to give those details over an open forum. So, how do I manage to private message Derek? I think he and I sailed together on the Ikeja Palm and he was a great lad to have on board. Who knows, I might be able to persuade him to get to the re-union in June. Mike Scott and I are definites and John Morley a definite maybe. Kind regards, Colin

cacique
25th January 2019, 22:24
Hi Colin, be good to see John Morley and Mike Scott, nothing on Ken Short or Norman "the Hanger" ?

Private message.

Go to the top of the page where there is the SN logo and Ships Nostalgia with a blue background, go along the menu bar and open "Private Messages"

Left Hand Side of the page there is a vertical tool bar "Your Control Panel", open "Send New Message" and take it from there.

You have to use the persons Ships Nostalgia Name.

Good Luck.

Hope to see you in Wallasey !

Dave..

akla Cacique.

colcur
27th January 2019, 11:49
Thank you for that David, much appreciated. When out last Wednesday with John Morley and Mike Scott , a lot of names were remembered. What happened to Simon Crawford? Is Mike Fortune still around? Dave Jackson from Whitby was another. There were more too, all fairly local to the north east. Norman Thompson of course from British West Hartlepool and Roy Weatherall from Whitby. Sadly, all a bit difficult to contact after all of these years. Kind regards
Colin

Palmship
27th January 2019, 12:39
Good Afternoon Mr Curtis, my Dad had an address for Roy Weatherall and a phone number, they were in touch, by Christmas card at least until 2017. I tried to contact him this Christmas gone to let him know about Dad passing away, but the address and phone number in the BT phonebook differed from the one in Dads address book. So, I'm not sure the message has got through.
Regards
Graham (Hobbins)