Another new member floats in

kennyhiggins
25th August 2005, 19:50
Ahoy,

Just joined. I am a Scottish sailor with 36 ft Cruising yacht based on West Coast Scotland. I am from a seafaring family background: Father was in Merchant Navy SS Salmont End of WW11 and Royal Navy Reserves as CPO. (HMS Killiecrankie) Grandfather served on HMS Hood WW1, Uncle who served with HMS Renown WW11 with the Scottish Ben Line and Bosun with Scottish Lighthouse Ships Pharos V11 and Hesperus 11. Another uncle who served on HMS Compas Rose WW11. Guess the sea is in my blood. Looking forward to futher visits.

Regards
Kenny

Fairfield
25th August 2005, 19:57
Welcome on board Kenny.Nice to see another Saltire showing up!Enjoy everything there is to see.Please have a look at the Guides to Posting in the Members' Notice Board and look forward to sharing any contributions you have to make.

michael james
25th August 2005, 20:20
Welcome to SN Kenny,
With that much nautical history in your family I`m sure you will enjoy this site in all ist aspects.

thunderd
25th August 2005, 23:31
Kenny what a proud history your family has I look forward to reading some family anecdotes, enjoy the site.

Doug Rogers
26th August 2005, 02:53
Welcome Kenny, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

Duffers Drift
26th August 2005, 03:13
Ahoy,

Just joined. I am a Scottish sailor with 36 ft Cruising yacht based on West Coast Scotland. I am from a seafaring family background: Father was in Merchant Navy SS Salmont End of WW11 and Royal Navy Reserves as CPO. (HMS Killiecrankie) Grandfather served on HMS Hood WW1, Uncle who served with HMS Renown WW11 with the Scottish Ben Line and Bosun with Scottish Lighthouse Ships Pharos V11 and Hesperus 11. Another uncle who served on HMS Compas Rose WW11. Guess the sea is in my blood. Looking forward to futher visits.

Regards
Kenny

Welcome aboard Kenny. There was only one corvette named Compas Rose and that was in the book 'The Cruel Sea' by Nicholas Monsarrat. All Royal Navy corvettes were named after flowers, with one exception, there was no HMS Pansy. I believe the corvette Crocus was the one used in the film under the ficticious name HMS Compas Rose. Don't however mean to rain on your parade Kenny. Sweepers-Man your brooms! (Night)

oarade fer t yhe er

R58484956
26th August 2005, 14:23
WElcome Kenny, You are now amongst the sea loving fraternity, most left it years ago, but our minds and thoughts are still there.

willie_howe
26th August 2005, 19:54
hello all my name is willie work for calmac ferries now last company donaldson line (Ouch) (Read)

R58484956
26th August 2005, 20:22
Welcome Willie to the site I hope you enjoy it the same as we do.

michael james
26th August 2005, 22:27
Welcome Willie,
Ships Nostalgia is the site for all things maritime, hope you enjoy the site and all its aspects.

John Rogers
26th August 2005, 23:33
Welcome to the site Willie, I was on two of Donaldsons many years ago, the Norwegian and the Moveria. A excellent company to work for.
John.