Hi Ya - just joined

Sonofthesea
16th March 2018, 03:33
My background is Royal Australian Navy, however I have my fathers memoirs from his time in the British Merchant Navy. I am researching more information about the ships he served on (both WW2 and after) and occasionally I am able to add information to that which people already have about some of those ships. I was born in England and immigrated to Australia in the 1950s because we wanted to go to the country that taught England to play cricket.

spongebob
16th March 2018, 05:37
Welcome to Ships Nostalgia Sonofthe sea, a great site for maritime history .
I note that you are ex RAN, a long shot I know, but my partner's son in law ,
Andy Hanson was an officer cadet and finally a Lieutenant on HMAS Dubbo , a off shore patrol vessel in the early 1980's . Maybe your paths crossed.

Bob

tiachapman
16th March 2018, 13:42
My background is Royal Australian Navy, however I have my fathers memoirs from his time in the British Merchant Navy. I am researching more information about the ships he served on (both WW2 and after) and occasionally I am able to add information to that which people already have about some of those ships. I was born in England and immigrated to Australia in the 1950s because we wanted to go to the country that taught England to play cricket.

eh e are just biding our time

billyboy
17th March 2018, 06:27
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.