Hogarths (Old School)1957-60

levlalvel
1st April 2018, 21:19
Hi There,
Just discovered this web site and was delighted to hear that some members of the line are still engaging in on-going memories of nutrition
provided by the company!
I served on board the 'Baron Ramsay'around 1958 on one of her final voyages.Conditions were abysmal and one trip was sufficient for a 16 year old on board this 1926 tramp steamer. However a couple of years passed and I 'bit the bullet' and joined the newly built 'Baron Wemyss'
for her maiden voyage from Sunderland.What a difference...A great ship
great crew and great ports of call.Catering had improved and I completed a second voyage departing from Greenock. Should anyone recall crewing these vessels during the periods mentioned I'd be happy to discuss these nostalgic voyages.

Davie M
1st April 2018, 23:06
Hi, Welcome, if you look at the tramp ships section you will see there are still a few of us still about.
Davie

billyboy
4th April 2018, 08:14
a warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

alan ward
4th April 2018, 10:08
Hi There,
Just discovered this web site and was delighted to hear that some members of the line are still engaging in on-going memories of nutrition
provided by the company!
I served on board the 'Baron Ramsay'around 1958 on one of her final voyages.Conditions were abysmal and one trip was sufficient for a 16 year old on board this 1926 tramp steamer. However a couple of years passed and I 'bit the bullet' and joined the newly built 'Baron Wemyss'
for her maiden voyage from Sunderland.What a difference...A great ship
great crew and great ports of call.Catering had improved and I completed a second voyage departing from Greenock. Should anyone recall crewing these vessels during the periods mentioned I'd be happy to discuss these nostalgic voyages.

I`m still looking for anyone who knew or sailed with a Master called Henry`Nabs`Kitchen,he was an old friend of my fathers and would have been with the company at the time you mention.