Hi from Fremantle Western Australia

bilgerat52
18th May 2018, 11:10
I am new here so hello from me
Ive been an Engineer on the Fremantle tugs for the past 24 years
My seagoing career started in 1972 when as a fresh faced 20 year old I joined Bankline as Junior Engineer on the MV Springbank, over the next few years I served on Lossiebank Fleetbank Crestbank and finally Roachbank, I sailed on Crestbank and Roachbank as Second Engineer
Ive also spent time in the Offshore industry and on Tankers on the Aussie coast. I look forward to contributing to this site.

Biggles Wader
18th May 2018, 18:34
I have great memories of Fremantle from the 70s and visited on Willowbank and Clydebank. Great beaches and fun times in the town

billyboy
20th May 2018, 04:38
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

spongebob
20th May 2018, 06:48
Welcome aboard Bilgerat 52, an engineer on the Fremantle tugs? We have a SN member that has skippered Fremantle tugs for many years but for the life of I cannot recall his name at the moment.
I recall that he served as second mate on the Nz Shipping CO's Rangitane in the late fifties . He must be well retired now.

Bob

Brian Brown
20th May 2018, 09:08
I am new here so hello from me
Ive been an Engineer on the Fremantle tugs for the past 24 years
My seagoing career started in 1972 when as a fresh faced 20 year old I joined Bankline as Junior Engineer on the MV Springbank, over the next few years I served on Lossiebank Fleetbank Crestbank and finally Roachbank, I sailed on Crestbank and Roachbank as Second Engineer
Ive also spent time in the Offshore industry and on Tankers on the Aussie coast. I look forward to contributing to this site.

Hi and welcome to SN

Living in Mandurah we could be called neighbours.
Retired for over a decade I have enjoyed The West since 1975
My engineering seafaring commenced in 1958 and ended in 1975.

SN is a link between our past and the present, it allows an opportunity to appreciate others who have really known what seafaring is all about.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

JET
21st May 2018, 13:11
Bob,
I think that the person that you are referring to is Mike S

Regards, John

tugger
22nd May 2018, 03:12
Hi Bilgerat 52.
My first Aussie port was Freemantle in 49 as a sixteen year old and I thought I had landed in heaven, a lovely lovely place, I spent the first
Two or three days walking around looking at all the sandstone buildings.
The rest of our stay it was dancing with some very lovely Aussie girls in the local dance hall.
I have been there many times since and it was always about my favorite port.
Cheers Tugger

captrees
24th May 2018, 09:10
Welcome Bilgerat.

Freo, way to go, etc. But will the mighty Dockers beat North Melbourne this weekend?

bilgerat52
29th May 2018, 13:38
We had a Mike Smith who skippered tugs in Freo, he retired about 10 years ago and died about 4 or 5 years ago I don't know much about his past.

bilgerat52
29th May 2018, 13:40
Bloody Dockers at least they are pretty consistent

Mexico1971
21st November 2018, 21:47
Yep had a few trips on the Roachbank and other ‘fish’ boats did a trip on the Crestbank as 3E remember the Blackstone Alternators ( only 2 ships in fleet had these)