Canterbury Steam Ship Coy

Rody
6th June 2009, 00:23
My father was a captain with the Canterbury Steam Ship Company, skippering the ships 'Storm', 'Breeze', 'Gale', 'Calm' and 'Squall'. around New Zealand coastal waters. I am keen to talk to anyone that may have been at sea with him. His name was Captain Stuart Simon

non descript
6th June 2009, 00:27
Rody, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, hopefully someone will step forward with news of Captain Stuart Simon and we very much look forward to your postings with news of this in due course. Bon Voyage (Thumb)

gdynia
6th June 2009, 00:55
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

bert thompson
6th June 2009, 08:47
Welcome Rody to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

K urgess
6th June 2009, 12:28
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Find your way around our ship and have a good voyage.

R58484956
6th June 2009, 15:38
Greetings Rody and welcome to SN from the south coast of England. Bon voyage.

benjidog
6th June 2009, 20:16
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
6th June 2009, 23:03
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

GWB
7th June 2009, 02:19
Welcome aboard enjoy the trip.

GWB

spongebob
7th June 2009, 03:24
Welcome Rody, there is a lot of detail re Canterbury shipping co of NZ available and no doubt from this site but there is also many posts re the company on www.oceaniashippingforum.com

Regards Bob

Butters
8th June 2009, 03:03
Welcome Rody ,
I came from Lyttelton originally and remember my late father talking about your father they had been shipmates during the war on Union Company ships trans tasman and also I think on 'LIMERICK', on the WCNA service .
As my father was a ' wharfie', from about 1953 he saw a lot of his old shipmates who had obtained certificates and were in the coasters by the late fifties and early sixties. I will look through the old scrap books he kept as I feel your fathers obituary notice and right up from the ChCh Press may be in it as is the late Frank Battersby x Canterbury Co., who died at a similar age .

Regards Butters
(Lindsay Butterfield)

Rody
9th June 2009, 02:59
Thanks Lindsay,
That is great news that you may have something on Dad. I will look forward to any further info
Regards
Rody