Looking for Robert Wilson

Clivebay
22nd June 2009, 11:16
This is a message for Mr Robert Wilson, I believe you have access to this site and if so would be pleased if you could contact me in relation to a model vessel you built for me some years ago.

Regards

Clive Bay

R58484956
22nd June 2009, 17:39
Greetings Clive and welcome to SN. Perhaps Robert might read your entry. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
22nd June 2009, 21:19
`Welcome Clive. Hope your friend turns up
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
22nd June 2009, 23:18
Welcome aboard from the philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
25th June 2009, 00:10
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Chris Isaac
25th June 2009, 09:17
I sailed with him on one of the UC Mail ships, but cannot recall which, a very long time ago.

Shipbuilder
25th June 2009, 10:29
Clive and I are now in contact. I don't look in this section as often as I should, so I hadn't seen the request, but he found me and sent a PM anyway, so all's well.
Bob

Chris Isaac
25th June 2009, 13:58
Shipbuilder.. I have been chastised by the moderators for revealing your identity here. My appologies but I was only trying help.
I have tried to reply to the moderators but mail boxes are full and cannot accept replies.
I pointed out to them that as you publish your web site in your profile and in your posts and as your web site clearly shows your name I fail to understand their displeasure.
Oh well... into each life a little rain must fall.

Again I am sorry if you have been in any way inconvenienced (but I rather suspect you haven't)
Regards
Chris

Shipbuilder
25th June 2009, 14:13
Hi Chris,
No, you haven't inconvenienced me, I could even say you have done me a favour! Moderators were just generally protecting interests and I have already told them that it didn't bother me - but I suppose it might bother others if their real names were revealed. As you say, my name is splattered all over the place, including my website. I thought most members knew it anyway. This is the first time I have looked in Hello as far as I can remember, so I would never have seen the request if Clive hadn't contacted me by PM.
Bob

non descript
25th June 2009, 14:30
Chris – Bob,

Thanks for your comments and I apologise that my PM mail box was full – it sometimes happens when a lot for folk decide to comment all in one go; no excuse I know, but things happen with even the best laid plans.

There was and is no intention to ‘chastise’ – we are entrusted by the Site’s Owners to take reasonable steps to keep the Members’ interests safe. What they do in their own space and in their own time is none of our business, but we are mindful that some folk use a nom de plume and given the ease by which anyone can access the postings on here, we make a conscious effort to help them with that approach – it is rather similar to the policy of not publishing email addresses. You may think of us as over cautious, but better that, than allow people to feel we are not careful.

So you may see that it was not a personal issue with either you or Bob, but more a case of being seen to act by the other Members of this Site. Certainly someone passing by and seeing the ease by which a name is released, might have cause to be concerned that it could happen to them. Hopefully folk will now see that we are merely being helpful and not unduly heavy handed.
(Thumb)
Mark