Hello All

supapinocchio
15th July 2009, 21:47
Hello all,
A few minutes ago I was the newest member. I have no personal links with the sea or ships, except an interest via genealogy. One of my brothers was in the RN for 22 years, his rank I believe was Chf Mech. Engineer. I also had an uncle who served in RN during 39/45 conflict. At the moment I am researching an ancestor who was Captain of a ship, the Arabella, which sailed between England and New Zealand. His name was Richard Pinches. He left the ship in NZ in 1862. That is where I lose contact with him. The Arabella was I believe lost in 1863. There maybe members out there who perhaps served with my brother. he was in service from roughly 1946 to 1968. Some of the ships he served on were HMS Bigbury Bay, HMS Unicorn, HMS Jewel, and his last posting was HMS Scilla (she was scuttled off Plymouth I think). Anyone who may have any info. about Richard Pinches, I would be pleased to hear from you.

K urgess
15th July 2009, 23:09
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
I'm sure the crew will be able to help point you in the right direction for your research.
Find your way around our ship and have a good voyage.

non descript
16th July 2009, 22:52
supapinocchio, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your detailed first posting - let's hope someone can add some information for you. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

gdynia
16th July 2009, 23:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
17th July 2009, 10:26
Greetings SP and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
17th July 2009, 15:33
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

supapinocchio
17th July 2009, 20:59
Thank you everyone who has replied to my first post, for the warm welcomes
supapinocchio