Cunard deck cadet

ChrisEve
16th July 2009, 12:06
Hello! I just joined a couple of days ago. I was a deck cadet with Cunard from 1979 to 1983. Sailed on the Servia, Port Chalmers, Saxonia, Luminetta and also the QE2. Did a few more trips as 3rd mate on other Cunard reefers. Now in Japan where I organise the Sea Japan maritime trade show. I look forward to posing some pictures on the site soon.

K urgess
16th July 2009, 12:15
Welcome aboard from northern England, Chris.
Plenty of Cunard lads in the crew to get to know possibly for the second time.
Find your way around and enjoy the trip.

ChrisEve
16th July 2009, 12:20
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Still stowing my kit and finding my way around.

R58484956
16th July 2009, 15:09
Greetings Chris and a warm welcome to SN from an ex Cunarder. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
16th July 2009, 19:34
Welcome from Lancashire I hope you will enjoy the site

gdynia
16th July 2009, 22:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

mark1610
18th July 2009, 06:49
Hi Chris,
its Mark Dexter here. We were Cadets together on the Luminetta when you mentioned then you were going to Japan. I am currently a Master with Seabourn and cripes how the time has flown.

billyboy
19th July 2009, 09:58
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

roythwa
20th July 2009, 05:56
Hello! I just joined a couple of days ago. I was a deck cadet with Cunard from 1979 to 1983. Sailed on the Servia, Port Chalmers, Saxonia, Luminetta and also the QE2. Did a few more trips as 3rd mate on other Cunard reefers. Now in Japan where I organise the Sea Japan maritime trade show. I look forward to posing some pictures on the site soon.
Hi Chris I was told there was a Thwaites in Cunard or P&O did yoy come across him. I have been trying to find him since he was my age group at the time

Welcome

Roy Thwaites

mark1610
22nd July 2009, 01:11
roy,
I remember a Mike Thwaite in port line and then Cunard. He was a ch.off then master and came from swindon if i remember well.
regards
mark

roythwa
2nd August 2009, 14:26
roy,
I remember a Mike Thwaite in port line and then Cunard. He was a ch.off then master and came from swindon if i remember well.
regards
mark
Hi Thanks for that I had the news from someone on a ship whilst sailing on the ANL line in aussie coast.

Should have stayed with the broompark she had better voyages apparently after the scottish crew went home and she was fitted out for an asian crew.

The broompark docked in Newcastle NSW a couple of years after I left the aussie MN (got married didn't I !) and I went aboard her the docks were faily easy to get on here.

Live just up from Newcastle now and getting on a bit,

Kind Regards

Roy