Hello and thanks for the memories

jim morris
20th July 2009, 19:12
Hello to you all. I came across this website by accident while looking for info on an old liberty ship named DEMETERTON owned by Chapman & Willan, Newcastle on Tyne that I sailed on from May 1958 till July 1959.

I've breezed through some of the posts and the memories came flooding back.
So you will have to put up with me for the rest of the trip.

Jim Morris from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent

K urgess
20th July 2009, 19:39
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jim.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good trip.

fred henderson
20th July 2009, 19:42
A warm welcome Jim. I hope that will join in and enjoy our activities.

Fred (Thumb)

benjidog
20th July 2009, 21:35
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

gdynia
21st July 2009, 00:00
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
21st July 2009, 02:29
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

barrow-boy
21st July 2009, 06:02
Hiya Jim was this the ship you was on.

jim morris
21st July 2009, 13:18
Hi there Barrow Boy,
Blimey, what a website. I have been trying to find photos of all the ships that I sailed on from 1956 -1960. Within 24 hours of joining this site you come up with a photo of the Demeterton. Incredible. Do you mind if I save it on my PC. How come you had a pic of it, were you on it at sometime.

It was the best trip I had. 15 month of pure pleasure (when I look back). Touched every part of the world. You can't beat Chatty Chapmans as they were known.

Thanks a lot for making my day Barrow Boy. I will get round to posting a few names and stories about that trip. I hope I don't get banned from the site after the first one.

All the best.
Jim

barrow-boy
21st July 2009, 16:30
Hi Ya Jim,
Pure luck with the photo, I bought a big stack of photo's off the internet and this was one of them. Your welcome to do what you want.
A little bit before my time I went to sea in 1968 and finished in 1973 when decent trips where getting hard to get off the pool. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories.
Regards....Nick. (barrowboy)