Chrysanthema

alan ward
20th July 2009, 23:41
I joined Whitco in 1972/3 and stood by the Chrsyantema whilst she was being fitted out at Aarlborgwerft in Denmark during a bitterly cold january,I stayed with her for 7 months,did one voyage of 4 months on the Labrador and then 8 on the Orchidea finishing up with 4 on the Temple Bar,with leave etc.4 voyages covering 4 years!they were a great company for leave.

non descript
20th July 2009, 23:54
Alan, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

K urgess
20th July 2009, 23:55
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Alan.
I've moved your post into its own thread because the one you had put it in has been dormant and the members not signed on for a while.
Find your way around the ship, get to know the crew and have a good trip.

gdynia
21st July 2009, 00:59
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
21st July 2009, 03:45
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
21st July 2009, 22:45
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

mark1610
22nd July 2009, 02:19
Hi Alan,
did she become the Samaria of Cunard, a 5 hatch reefer ship? I remember her as my first ship in 1979 and the ships plans were all marked Chrysanthema and then crossed out and remarked Samaria.

Mark

Henryx
7th November 2011, 21:41
Mark I have a ships bell of m/s Chrysanthema and I have been trying to research its history. There appears to be another ship called Chrysantema. Is it the same ship, with the name spelt incorrectly.
Henry

Henryx
7th November 2011, 21:45
I joined Whitco in 1972/3 and stood by the Chrsyantema whilst she was being fitted out at Aarlborgwerft in Denmark during a bitterly cold january,I stayed with her for 7 months,did one voyage of 4 months on the Labrador and then 8 on the Orchidea finishing up with 4 on the Temple Bar,with leave etc.4 voyages covering 4 years!they were a great company for leave.

Alan Is the Chrysanthema the same ship as the Chrsyantema. I have the ships bell of a m/s Chrsyantema and I am trying to research information on this ship. Can you help

Henry

chadburn
9th November 2011, 20:47
Yes Henry, it is the Danish way.