Frank Butler is omline - Port Line Cunard

frankbutler
23rd July 2009, 21:18
My son just got me into the 21st century so "hello all" who used to work with me

non descript
23rd July 2009, 21:29
Frank, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

K urgess
23rd July 2009, 21:29
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Frank.
Plenty from both companies in the crew so find your way around and have a good trip.

sparkie2182
23rd July 2009, 21:32
Hello Frank and welcome to the new millenium........:)

I well recall you signing me on to the Port Alfred in the late '70s in Gib after a flight from Gatwick and on other occasions too numerous to recall.
Please be a regular on S.N. as there are many Port Line/Cunard members who will be pleased to see you here.

Very Best Regards.......

S2182

Ex Radio Officer CunardSteam

Neil Mant
23rd July 2009, 21:33
Hi Frank it's been a very long time, Joined Port Chalmers in 1977 and left the Conveyor in 1987. Hope your well.
Regards Neil Mant.

R58484956
24th July 2009, 17:36
Greetings Frank and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

tommy
26th July 2009, 12:12
Hi Frank:

I remember the first time I had contact with yourself. Just walked into your office September 1967 and asked any jobs going to kiwi. Within ten minutes walked out with instructions to make my way to Bremerhaven to sign on the New Zealand Star on her maiden voyage.
The last time I had contact with yourself was early 1972. Rang you up and asked anything going to Kiwi. You told me to make my way to Hull, join the Adelaide Star which was going round the land to Liverpool then go and report to the Chief Officer on the Port Pirie which was going to Kiwi. (If only life was as simple as that today). Always thought you were most accomodating with guys request and one of life's Mr nice guys. I am sure you have plenty of stories to tell us, regarding char'acters that have come and gone through your office doors.

I still have your name and Port Lines telephone number written in the back of my discharge book, and occ'sionaly over the years have thought about giving it a ring.
(You never know). Regards Tommy:

billyboy
26th July 2009, 13:05
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer