Arctic Freebooter

koldie
25th July 2009, 09:47
Alway wondered what happen to the grand old lady the Arctic Freebooter and found out today, well when she met her end she was a good age 40yrs hope she still had her list still in the end.

Ken Oldridge
Ex 4th,3rd,2nd and Chief Arctic Freebooter

K urgess
25th July 2009, 12:27
Welcome aboard from northern East Yorkshire, Ken.
You'll find some Boyd Line lads around the ship.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good trip.

sam2182sw
25th July 2009, 15:28
What happened to her ken, the last time i had anything to do with her was when i dry docked her in K.G.D. Hull. i have a photo of her in the dock. She was taken over by a salvege captian called Silas Ortes and he was turning her into a salvage tug come salvage vessel and i did a lot of work on her before she went to sea. I fixed him up with the first and last tow she every did, it was to tow the Manxman round from Liverpool to Hull for dry docking in the Hull centrial dry dock to become a night club, well that is an other story i will tell, after towing her round Freebooter went into Albert dock and Silas wanted paying for the tow which he got paid and when i spoke to him on the bridge what a mess she was in just after one trip, he told me that he was taking her to the carribian to work some wrecks out there, she left Hull with my invoice on board for the repairs and dry docking i had done a good few bob i can tell you she only got to Portsmouth to pick up some gear that he wanted on board to take with him, after that i lost him and he was to have gone onward to do what he was going to do. Well after trying to find him for payment i had some work going on in Portsmouth and had to ask the Royal navy super in charge down there to move the ship i was repairing and he told me that he would have to move the freebooter i could not belive it i had found him down to the custom and i placed him under arrest well i got my money and that was the last i so of her and Silas she was in very good condation when i dry docked eaven the lloyds super could not belive how good she was. what happened after that i dont know but she was to goog to go to scrap sam

R58484956
25th July 2009, 17:47
Greetings Ken and welcome to SN from the south of England. I bet you liked Sam's story of the old ship. Bon voyage.

billyboy
26th July 2009, 13:17
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
27th July 2009, 19:37
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

fishdockroad
29th April 2012, 11:51
Hi there picked up on your talk of the Arctic Freebooter and thought you might like to know that I actually own the bell from the ship. If you search this site youll find a thread about it from a few years back.