Wilfred Hosier

AMANDA POLAND
29th July 2009, 22:50
HI my name is Amanda,I am searching for any old ship mates of my late Father Wilfred Hosier. His last voyage was on the Port Charmles., He died aboard ship in the Port of Melbourne November 1953. I know it was along time ago There was a photo sent home to my late mother it showed his ship mates formed a guard of honour at his funeral. I was the youngest of six children so I never knew my Father HE was buried in Faulkner graveyard Melbourne .It would be wonderful to hear from some one who knew him. thank you Amanda(H)

K urgess
29th July 2009, 23:04
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Amanda.
I'm sure if there's someone around the ship that knew your father they'll let you know.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

non descript
29th July 2009, 23:10
Amanda, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting - I am always cautious, as I am often wrong, but are you sure about the name? Is it possible she was Port Chalmers (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=178488) ? Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

R58484956
30th July 2009, 07:55
Greetings Amanda and welcome to SN from a member on the south coast of England. Bon voyage.

tsell
30th July 2009, 08:14
Welcome from Australia Amanda.
I hope that you receive the information you are seeking from the members of this great site.

Taffy R556959

billyboy
30th July 2009, 08:23
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

AMANDA POLAND
30th July 2009, 21:15
HI East YORKSHIRE, thank you for your warm welcome AMANDA

AMANDA POLAND
30th July 2009, 21:20
HI TONGA, thank you for your warm welcome the name of the ship is the port chalmers, she was one of the port line ships AMANDA

AMANDA POLAND
30th July 2009, 21:25
HI thank you for your welcome AMANDA