engineer merchant navy

gooner
30th July 2009, 20:53
I joined Houlder Bros. at the age of 21 in the Jan.1968 as a junior engineer, went to Popular Tech. college with them for 6 week pre-sea course. Then joined the Royston Grange in Falmouth. Put to sea in March for Rio grande del sol, Montevideo and Buenos Aires then returned to London. The Royston returned to Falmouth and I then left to join the Cerinthus in Boston U.S.A. Then after 8 months at sea I joined the Bank Line and sailed on the Hazelbank, Streambank and the Teviotbank leaving the service in the summer of 1972
My name is James (jimmy) Moore and I am from Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent.

Steve Woodward
30th July 2009, 21:11
Gooner,
Welcome to SN from East Yorkshire, an interesting career and hello message.
Enjoy your time with us.
Steve

K urgess
30th July 2009, 21:22
Welcome aboard from northern East Yorkshire, Jimmy.
Plenty from those companies in the crew including some of us who have also sailed on the world's favourite tanker.
Find your way around and have a good trip.

non descript
30th July 2009, 21:56
Jimmy, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first and interesting posting - you will find more than a few kindred spirits on here. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

Janner100
30th July 2009, 22:05
I joined Houlder Bros. at the age of 21 in the Jan.1968 as a junior engineer, went to Popular Tech. college with them for 6 week pre-sea course. Then joined the Royston Grange in Falmouth. Put to sea in March for Rio grande del sol, Montevideo and Buenos Aires then returned to London. The Royston returned to Falmouth and I then left to join the Cerinthus in Boston U.S.A. Then after 8 months at sea I joined the Bank Line and sailed on the Hazelbank, Streambank and the Teviotbank leaving the service in the summer of 1972
My name is James (jimmy) Moore and I am from Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent.

I worked on the Royston Grange as an apprentice fitter when she was in Falmouth Docks at that time.

R58484956
31st July 2009, 08:50
Greetings Jimmy and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
1st August 2009, 13:01
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer