Reuben Goossens.

Graham the pipe
11th August 2018, 19:18
Should this incredible gentleman's name be known to you already, forgive me. However if, like me, it was not then his site will keep you enthralled for a very long time.

www.ssmaritime.com/

Mad Landsman
11th August 2018, 19:53
Page does not open and fully render on Firefox.
Works OK on Edge and Safari.

Graham the pipe
11th August 2018, 20:39
Page does not open and fully render on Firefox.
Works OK on Edge and Safari.

Do you agree with my comment on the content ~ once opened ~ Malcolm?

Mad Landsman
11th August 2018, 20:46
Oh yes!
Well found.
I have bookmarked it to study it later.(Thumb)

alaric
12th August 2018, 07:47
An excellent site, Reuben even quotes me as one of his interesting information sources.
How about that!

Graham the pipe
12th August 2018, 09:43
Oh yes!
Well found.
I have bookmarked it to study it later.(Thumb)

Hi Malcom. Same here. The comment under yours is interesting.

Graham the pipe
12th August 2018, 09:46
An excellent site, Reuben even quotes me as one of his interesting information sources.
How about that!

Fame at last. Only joking and presume you were aware of same already?

alaric
12th August 2018, 12:13
Fame at last. Only joking and presume you were aware of same already?
Yes Graham, a good source of SS&A info. I think I came across Reuben's site before I found SN.
My contribution can be found in the Corinthic and her sisters section.
I was Second on Corinthic and Athenic.

Graham the pipe
12th August 2018, 13:29
Yes Graham, a good source of SS&A info. I think I came across Reuben's site before I found SN.
My contribution can be found in the Corinthic and her sisters section.
I was Second on Corinthic and Athenic.

Will make a point of reading your input, which if it's too technical will leave me in my usual "OK, next question is" guise.

Enjoy your Sunday. Kindest to you and yours. GGG

Graham the pipe
16th August 2018, 19:34
I sent Reuben an 'E' asking why the Aureol did not appear in his incredible site and this is his reply PLUS our 'White Swan' in all her glory.

Dear Graham,

First of all, so sorry for the delay in answering to your email, but this is due to having been extremely ill and bedridden once again.I had a friend of mine look at my main page, and it seems that there were some problems there, and he kindly rephrased it for me. But now to your "White Swan".

Considering I have written on over 1,125 Classic Passenger Liners, Passenger-Cargo (Combination) Liners as well as Cruise Ships. And believe it or not I was sure that the MV Aureol was online, for I wrote about her years ago! Thus early this morning, 1. I checked my FTP Explorer to see if she was online or not, and it appears not. 2. I did a search of my many folders, and there she was and I will download her this morning, although I am not sure if it has been edited or not, thus when I send you the relative link you can always tell me if you be so kind, if there are any errors.

Well my friend, today the wonderful MS Aureol will be online, and when I am up to it, I will make her Ship of the Month #1.

The link should be:

www.ssmaritime.com/MV-Aureol.htm

I am glad you enjoy the site, it has been online since the early 1990's and it has been a herculean task, for there are now over, 1,126 ships that I have written on altogether. God willing there may be a few more here and there.