Jim Irvine - BP Tanker Leckie

jmirvine
27th August 2009, 17:14
Greetings People!
I was a Leckie on BP Tankers from 1969 to 1975. I lived near Dundee then, and as ships started to be laid up during the oil crisis of that time, I got the chance to transfer to BP offshore in Aberdeen, and worked there until I was made redundant at the end of 1995. I ended up working on CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)

After that, I went to Perth, Australia for 18 months to work on setting up a couple of CMMS for the offshore oil industry there.

Then back to Aberdeen to work for a couple of contract companies, mostly on BP work. Retired in 2005, and living in Aberdeenshire.

Married for 25 years, with 2 daughters, one training to be an accountant with an oil related firm, and the other works for an accountancy firm as a taxation assistant.

There were quite a few ex-Tanker guys came to BP Aberdeen at that time, along with a few from other MN companies, and also a few "Grey Funnel Line" chaps.

K urgess
27th August 2009, 17:18
A very belated welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jim.
You've probably found plenty of BP lads in the crew by now and maybe some you knew.
Keep on finding your way around and enjoy the trip.

non descript
27th August 2009, 17:41
Jim, a warm welcome but a long overdue one to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting on this thread. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. (Thumb)

R58484956
27th August 2009, 18:45
Greetings Jim and a slightly late greetings to you. enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
27th August 2009, 20:37
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

David Williams
27th August 2009, 21:33
Greetings People!
I was a Leckie on BP Tankers from 1969 to 1975. I lived near Dundee then, and as ships started to be laid up during the oil crisis of that time, I got the chance to transfer to BP offshore in Aberdeen, and worked there until I was made redundant at the end of 1995. I ended up working on CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)

After that, I went to Perth, Australia for 18 months to work on setting up a couple of CMMS for the offshore oil industry there.

Then back to Aberdeen to work for a couple of contract companies, mostly on BP work. Retired in 2005, and living in Aberdeenshire.

Married for 25 years, with 2 daughters, one training to be an accountant with an oil related firm, and the other works for an accountancy firm as a taxation assistant.

There were quite a few ex-Tanker guys came to BP Aberdeen at that time, along with a few from other MN companies, and also a few "Grey Funnel Line" chaps.

Hi Jim.
Let us know what ships you sailed on,
and when you went to sea etc,and you
will be suprised at the amount of people
out here that will know all about your ships
and maybe even know you.

Dave Williams(R583900)