M.V. Zealandic

glyn jones
30th August 2009, 08:37
Hi everyone, I crewed ships in the 60s with Shaw Saville, Port Line, N.Z. Shipping Co and Federal Steam as Chief cook. Now living in Southern Spain and watching the ships, (much uglier now!) passing to and from the Straits of Gib. Have many fond and enduring memories of a way of life that has now passed into history. Anyone out there who sailed on the Cornwall or Zealandic?

billyboy
30th August 2009, 10:55
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Steve Woodward
30th August 2009, 11:05
Glyn,
Welcome to SN from East Yorkshire, enjoy your time with us and the best of luck in finding old shipmates
Steve

R58484956
30th August 2009, 11:11
Greetings Glyn and a warm welcome to SN on your first posting. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

K urgess
30th August 2009, 12:32
Welcome aboard from upper East Yorkshire, Glyn.
Find your way around the ship and you may find some old crewmates.
Have a good trip.

glyn jones
30th August 2009, 15:48
Thanks to all and to Billyboy, may be headed out your way soon!

gress
5th September 2009, 19:18
Hi everyone, I crewed ships in the 60s with Shaw Saville, Port Line, N.Z. Shipping Co and Federal Steam as Chief cook. Now living in Southern Spain and watching the ships, (much uglier now!) passing to and from the Straits of Gib. Have many fond and enduring memories of a way of life that has now passed into history. Anyone out there who sailed on the Cornwall or Zealandic?

sailed on the zealandic as os in 1967

gdynia
6th September 2009, 04:03
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

bert thompson
6th September 2009, 06:57
Glyn welcome and do enjoy all that this great site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

tondav3137
27th September 2009, 10:22

Hi Glyn. I was on the Persic in the 60s, I had a mate Glyn Jones a cook from Amlwch Anglesey, are you the same Glyn?, My name is Tony Davies, I was chippy and from Ellesmere Port on the Wirral UK. If not good luck with your surch.
Tony D

Brian Brown
3rd September 2013, 12:56

When did you sail on the MV Zealandic my term was May '72 thro' Aug '72
Cheers
Joe Brown

zealandic2
6th May 2014, 13:15
I sailed on the zealandic from 1980 to 82. Remember Fred the boson, Harvey wall banger, mad sid. Dave Chilton