LT 73 MV Guava

Gerald Cable
1st September 2009, 22:33
All forum users. Does anyone have any information on the above mentioned trawler from Lowestoft. My father was the chief engineer in 1953 prior to her disappearance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald

billyboy
1st September 2009, 22:55
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
2nd September 2009, 00:05
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Gerald.
I'm sure the crew will help with your query if they can.
Meanwhile find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

nickhume
21st April 2010, 13:19
Hello Gerald,

I'm too looking for any information about the MV Guava (LT 73?), my grandfathers brother was onboard when the boat was lost, he was 16 years old.

Have you found any information since starting your search?

Regards,

Nick

E.Martin
21st April 2010, 16:25
All forum users. Does anyone have any information on the above mentioned trawler from Lowestoft. My father was the chief engineer in 1953 prior to her disappearance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Big wooden WW2 MFV lost with all hands on the night of the east coast floods,if you want any information on her regarding crew list etc ring this number
01502 568652

R58484956
21st April 2010, 17:33
Greetings Gerald and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

peter8606
7th May 2010, 15:36
Big wooden WW2 MFV lost with all hands on the night of the east coast floods,if you want any information on her regarding crew list etc ring this number
01502 568652

My grandfather Arthur Howe was also lost on this night aboard the Guava.
I believe he was the ships cook along with other duties.
R.I.P. Grandad.
Peter Howe.

thekatswhiskers
12th May 2014, 20:31
Hello
I've been trying to find out any information regarding the Guava.
My mum's family is from Lowestoft & both her father's & mother's family were in the fishing industry.
My great uncle was on board this vessel. He was only 16. He was my grandmother's brother.
Is there anyway of finding out more information please?
I've located the wreck report but that's about it.
Thank you in advance.

I've no idea if the above gentleman nickhume is still on this site, but if so, are we related as you mentioned your grandfather's brother was on board & he was 16 & as far as I'm aware he was the youngest person on board which was his 1st trip out.

sallydoddington
3rd February 2015, 00:36
Hello
I've been trying to find out any information regarding the Guava.
My mum's family is from Lowestoft & both her father's & mother's family were in the fishing industry.
My great uncle was on board this vessel. He was only 16. He was my grandmother's brother.
Is there anyway of finding out more information please?
I've located the wreck report but that's about it.
Thank you in advance.

I've no idea if the above gentleman nickhume is still on this site, but if so, are we related as you mentioned your grandfather's brother was on board & he was 16 & as far as I'm aware he was the youngest person on board which was his 1st trip out.
NickHume's grandfather is the brother of Tony Folkard. Nick Hume is my son & Tony Folkard is my fathers brother.