Hi From Fernandosor1

FernandoSor1
5th September 2009, 12:06
Hello folks,
I have joined on behalf of a friend who is in his seventies with no access to the internet although he does have a Computer. (I am trying ti pursuade him)

He served in the Navy in the late 50s and early 60s as a Surveyor. He has a great interest in all kinds of Seagoing Craft, Military Equipment and Railways.

He produces scale drawings for a Model Railway Mag and has a large archive of Photos of all manner of Ships, Barges, Railway, Tanks, Bridges etc.

For Myself I am an Agricultural Engineer by Trade who has for many years been in the Training world. Boats, Ships and the like have only formed a small part of my life. I do have an big interest in all things Mechanical and that includes Shipping. As I approach retirement I am looking forward to spending more time with my pal.

In the past I have worked with Steam and Oil Engines and many weird and
wonderful mechanical constructions.

I look forward to exploring Shipsnostalga.

Best Regards to All

billyboy
5th September 2009, 12:11
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
5th September 2009, 12:25
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
I'm sure you and your friend will find plenty of interest as you explore our ship.
Have an enjoyable voyage.

bert thompson
5th September 2009, 15:47
Welcome and hope you can persuade your friend to join this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

Steve Woodward
5th September 2009, 16:40
Fernandosor1
Welcome to SN from East Yorkshire, enjoy your time with us
Steve

R58484956
5th September 2009, 16:58
Greetings Fernando and a warm welcome to SN on your first posting. Bon voyage.

gdynia
6th September 2009, 04:04
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

benjidog
6th September 2009, 12:51
Welcome from Lancashire and thanks for a great introduction.

If it helps, you might like to mention to your friend that we have a number of members in their late 80s who manage extremely well so he has nothing to be afraid of. Also he will find here a community of people who will be only too willing to help if he gets stuck!