WW2 landing crafts

OCC
8th September 2009, 15:14
Hi all,

I'm really interested in WW2 landing crafts, I was wondering whether anyone knew of any operational LCVP here in the UK? I know there is one in the midlands but i'm after one thats on the sea and not on a river, any ideas?

Thanks!

Gulpers
8th September 2009, 18:36
OCC,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am also sure that someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around the site. (Thumb)

R58484956
8th September 2009, 18:42
Greetings OCC and welcome to SN on your first posting. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

bert thompson
8th September 2009, 19:43
OCC welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

gdynia
8th September 2009, 21:23
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
8th September 2009, 22:36
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
8th September 2009, 23:13
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, OCC.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

PaulM-H
9th September 2009, 20:23
Hi all,

I'm really interested in WW2 landing crafts, I was wondering whether anyone knew of any operational LCVP here in the UK? I know there is one in the midlands but i'm after one thats on the sea and not on a river, any ideas?

Thanks!

I doubt that there is still such a craft existant, other than a few converted to houseboats. Beyond looking for an LCVP, what is your interest in Landing Craft? I am a past-chairman of the LST & Landing Craft Association, you may like to check our web-site <www.lstandlandingcraftassoc.org>. I served in LCI(S), LCI(L), and LCTs, and have a reasonable knowledge of landing craft generally. Forgive the correction, but the plural of craft is still craft without the 's' when referring to waterborne vessels!
Conjtact me by PM in the first instance
PaulM-H