nigelbee2001
8th September 2009, 22:58
Hello all
I am ex British and Commonwealth, apprentice to Chief Officer on Clan Line vessels with the odd stint on Union Castle passenger liners. Shore Superintendent in Cape Town for a couple of years followed by a year with Safmarine. Then back to sea with Land and Marine in Cape Town as Master on the salvage tugs Causeway Adventurer ad Causeway Salvor.
After that on South African Railways harbour tugs in Cape Town and Saldanha. At present living in Vancouver BC and working as a Marine Surveyor / Supercargo on BC Coast. One more year to retirement.
Nigel

non descript
8th September 2009, 23:03
Nigel, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and a first and very interesting posting - Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

billyboy
8th September 2009, 23:10
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
8th September 2009, 23:14
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Nigel.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

benjidog
8th September 2009, 23:37
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
9th September 2009, 07:47
Welcome Nigel to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
9th September 2009, 08:20
Greetings Nigel and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
9th September 2009, 20:51
Nigel,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)