examining body

trgb_1
7th April 2019, 12:27
Hello, my name is Stewart Ross, I did an engineer cadet ship with shell tankers, in 1978/9 at highbury technical college Portsmouth, unfortunately I lost my certificates during house moves, could anyone tell me who the examining body for o.n.d was so that i may be able to track down a copy certificate, i would appreciate any help cheers Stew.

ART6
7th April 2019, 16:07
Hello, my name is Stewart Ross, I did an engineer cadet ship with shell tankers, in 1978/9 at highbury technical college Portsmouth, unfortunately I lost my certificates during house moves, could anyone tell me who the examining body for o.n.d was so that i may be able to track down a copy certificate, i would appreciate any help cheers Stew.

Hi Stewart. Welcome to SN!

First point: it is not a good idea to post your personal email address in an Internet forum because that can attract scammers and trolls. Communication between SN members is by private messages (PMs), which are secure. You can send and receive them completely confidentially -- see "Site Help" for further information.

Have you tried contacting the college? I would have thought that they would have the records of your attendance there.

Regards

ART6

Pompeyfan
7th April 2019, 16:41
Stewart

I have deleted your e-mail address in line with site policy. As my colleague stated, it is not a good idea to post you e-mail address on the forums. You could be inundated with e-mails. If you need to contact other members or them you, please use the sites private message system. You can then reveal your e-mail if you so wish, but not on the forums.

Welcome to SN by the way. Any questions please ask.

David Wilcockson
7th April 2019, 16:49
David, it`s still there in ART6`s posting.

ART6
7th April 2019, 19:16
Not any more it isn't. My mistake!(EEK)

Duncan112
8th April 2019, 09:49
Hi,

My certificates were issued by SCOTEC, this link may help https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/212.html

Note that they were issued by English colleges also

Good luck

backsplice
9th April 2019, 08:07
you might get help here ... facebook page Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd. good luck

Winmar
9th April 2019, 09:42
In 78/79, Certificates of Competency were controlled by the DTI/DTP and the OND/ONC's were run by the colleges. As someone else said, the Certs of Competence were taken over by Scotvec on behalf of the government department so you can probably trace them there. I hope this is helpful?

david freeman
14th April 2019, 08:32

hi, good morning in my day 61 the ond was an exam set by thd college with an overal pass mark of 50 percent, with any one subject minimum pass 40 percent i n any one of the two years end of term examinations, the finial certificate was an ond in engineering issues i believe by the imeche and endosed by the imare??? Good hunting